“Birthday dinner”

Ranked #17 of 141 Restaurants in Keswick
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Booked a table over the phone, it is really needed - sounded like a 35 minute wait without a reservation at 6pm. There is a fair wait for food because it is so busy. But food was plentiful and reasonably priced. Staff are friendly, we were delighted that they were happy to decorate the table today at short notice. Definitely try the puddings / ice cream!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,701)

Reviewed 12 August 2017

I'd heard good things about Casa Bella, the outside and interior looked very inviting, warm, ambient. So I reserved a table for two earlier in the week (which was confirmed by e-mail) and we made our way over. We announced ourselves to front of staff who did some head-scratching, we weren't on their list! Que the "you need to book with 24 hour notice" lecture from one of the staff. I began presenting my reservation evidence, when, after an eye roll or two, they sat us next to the till and toilets for our trouble. Charming.

Not to be put off by this initial bad start, we proceeded to order. As I said the restaurant was rather lovely inside, good lighting, good ambience. Waiter staff warmed to us after we asked for a bottle of prosecco (or was it us warming to them?). The food was exceptional - I went for a spaghetti carbonara which went down a treat and looked fantastic.

Thinking things were on the up, I went for a Banoffee Sundae after seeing some dazzling desserts go by. Time came and went, and after 20 minutes I wondered if my dessert was being hand crafted from scratch. After asking a waiter they apologised and admitted the order had been lost. I'm happy with honesty and the dessert miraculously appeared shortly afterwards. It was well worth the wait! Great quantity of vanilla and chocolate ice-cream filled with bannana slices and toffee sauce. A match made in heaven.

So overall, the food is enough to get this establishment a recommendation, the staff, whilst initially frosty, soon warmed up and were good hosts. If I were you, make sure you reserve over the phone!

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Definitely need to book here. It's very popular and you can see why. The food is delicious and the staff friendly.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We stay in Keswick quite frequently on short breaks and usually eat at this restaurant at least twice per visit. We have always received excellent service from friendly and efficient staff. The food is always excellent and good value. The house wine (a red from Puglia) is also highly recommended. We always look forward to going back to Keswick and once again visiting this restaurant. Our tip is that you book a table well in advance of your visit.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

This was a restaurant that was buzzing every time we visited it during a week's holiday. You can either stop for a coffee or ice cream or enjoy a full meal. It is Italian as the name suggests and it is a typical restaurant suitable for families, couples and singles alike.I particularly enjoyed their desserts which included lemon meringue pie as well as more commonly found dishes.