“Lovely”
Review of Lakes Bar & Bistro

Lakes Bar & Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Lakes Bar & Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 157 Restaurants in Keswick
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A relaxed Bar & Bistro Offering Excellent Cask Beer, Lager, Cider & excellent wines together with Locally Sourced Freshly Cooked Food.
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped by for dessert and a hot drink one evening with our dog. Extremely friendly and welcoming staff, couldn't have asked for better service. Delicious food, the bread and butter pudding is to die for, try it!! Highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

We arrived to the restaurant after very long walk exhausted and hungry. The place looks cosy and nice. In fairness the food is really good but the service is appalling. The restaurant was empty when we arrived then someone came with the dog, I know that Keswick is dog friendly city but this is still restaurant where people are eating. If we knew that dogs are allowed in this place we wouldn't have come, there was no information about it. Not everyone loves dogs some of the people are allergic to dogs.
Not only that, the waitress was feeding and stroking it, right after that brought our food. My sister is allergic to dogs and it can go really bad, even we were starving she wouldn't touch her food until I spoke to the waitress answer was: "I clean my hands" when I mentioned my sister concerns she said: "what do you want me to do about it?" Dear waitress the customers don't see you cleaning your hands because you do it on the back of the house but what they can see is you touching the dog and bringing the food.
Dear owners little information about bringing dogs to the restaurant would be appreciated, so some of us would have a choice to eat with dogs or somewhere else.

1  Thank mefka
Reviewed 8 August 2017

We were a bit late getting to dinner and were hungry. They had a convention special fixed price meal earlier in the evening but it had expired so the place was pretty empty. We had a variety of salad, pie, and pizza and all were good and filling.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Been using tripadvisor for a while to choose places to eat - we all (myself, wife, grandparents and 2 kids) decided we wanted to try this great little Bistro out the other night! Well the recent reviews do not this place justice - we had a fantastic meal 3 amazing pizzas, a pie, a special and the beef bourginion... yes places can have bad moments but would recommend this place. Pizzas taste even better the day after on top of Catbells!!!

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

This was the worst meal we have had in a LONG time . Not only was the service appalling but the food was served still frozen or undercooked . We waited one and a half hrs for frozen garlic bread ! Do Not Go........... what a disappointment

1  Thank moiras609