US$122
Ravenstone Lodge Hotel(Bassenthwaite)
US$105
US$96
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$119/night.

Lodore Falls Hotel(Borrowdale)
US$255
US$247
  • Restaurant
US$107
US$81
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$92/night.

Ravenstone Manor Hotel(Bassenthwaite)
US$108
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
US$80
Travelocity
US$127
TripAdvisor
All reviewslovely buildingfabulous hotelshort walk from the centrefull english breakfastsmall hotellarge roomwarm welcomenight staystayed for nightsgreat hostsbiscuitsyogurtmalcolmlakesskiddaw
Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

I have recently returned from a weekend trip to the Lairbeck hotel and I can not recommend it enough!

The location is ideal for any lake goer in that it's in such a tranquil location but is also only a 10 minute walk from the town centre.

The rooms, owners, and breakfast were all fantastic and made myself and my partner feel very welcomed throughout our stay.

If anyone is looking for a place to stay in Keswick. Lairbeck Hotel is the answer.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2016

Had a 3 night stay with wife and parents in this wonderful hotel, both rooms were spotlessly clean and very comfortable, the owners Malcolm & Jennifer as well as the staff are extremely friendly and we felt we were treat like friends rather than customers, the breakfasts were absolutely lovely, proper good home cooking with a varied choice and good portions, nothing seamed like a trouble. The building is maintained to a very high standard with lots of period features, lovely views and is only a short walk from the wonderful Pheasant pub. You can certainly tell they are proud of their hotel and high standards, we'd certainly recommend it to anyone, we're definately looking forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
MalcolmHutchinson, Owner at Lairbeck Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2017

Thank you for your very kind comments and your review.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

I have just returned from a two night stay at the Lairbeck, which was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. From our very arrival we were greeted with a warm welcome and felt at ease throughout our stay. The owners and their staff are kind and approachable people, the history and architecture of the building itself is alluring and the surrounding scenery - (with unbeatable views from the Skiddaw room!) - is absolutely astounding. The room could not be faulted, the bathroom was spotless and the cooked breakfast was of a high standard. By far the best B&B I have experienced.

Room Tip: I have read other reviews about the Skiddaw room being small, but I have to disagree. It is a wonderful room and should not be overlooked.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
MalcolmHutchinson, Owner at Lairbeck Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

Thank you for your very kind comments and your review - just what we needed!

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

Booked rooms online for a family holiday and phoned to ask a few follow-up questions. I was told that the hotel does not accept children, which is unfortunate for us, but good to know before we showed up on their doorstep. However, when I tried to explain that it is quite possible to book online for a family with small children, the response was rather rude. First, I was told that I was wrong, then met with sarcasm, and then I was hung up on. Is that how you treat people who are just trying to be helpful? (And for the record, I am not wrong. Now I just need to figure out how to cancel the booking, given that we will not be welcome at the hotel and I did not get the chance to cancel over phone.)

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank Birgitta E
MalcolmHutchinson, Owner at Lairbeck Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2016

This reviewer has not stayed at Lairbeck. She booked rooms via a booking agent where it is quite explicit that we do not take bookings for children. The booking agent process only allows adults to be included in the booking. This is a copy of the booking cancellation with the booking agency:
Cancellation Summary
Room 1: Gran’s Room - Deluxe (Room 11) 2 Adults 27 Aug 2016 4 nt Birg.... E........ GBP 415.8

This clearly shows that the booking did not include chidren.

This booking was made with booking.com on 25 August 2016 only two days before the check in date and we could therefore have charged two thirds of the booking cost (£272.20) as a cancellation penalty. However we made no cancellation charge.

When this reviewer phoned me she told me that she had booked a room for 2 adults plus children with the booking agent. Of course I told her that it was not possible to make a booking which included children. She angrily told me that it was. She wanted to continue arguing so I advised her she needed to speak with the booking agent.

This was a booking for a Bank Holiday - four nights from 27 August and this room was not available for sale for a period as a result of this reviewers actions and remained unbooked with consequent loss to us. Despite that this reviewer apparently thinks it satisfactory behaviour to misrepresent the facts and damage our Trip Adviser score.

A tip for families wanting to book hotel rooms to accomodate children at busy times such as Bank Holidays is to book early in the Lake District because there is not a lot of accomodation of that type.

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

I stayed here recently with my boyfriend for two nights, I'd never been to a b&b before but was extremely impressed. The hosts were very polite and catered to any of my needs. The location is beautiful in a little village just a 15 minute walk from both Keswick centre and Derwent waters. I stayed in 'the cook's' room, which was cosy but much bigger than I thought it would be. I had breakfast on both mornings of my stay and it was DELICIOUS. Served a variety of food along with a full English. I'll definitely be coming back here on my next visit to Keswick.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hannah2696

Thank you very much for you kind review. We will look forward to seeing you again. If you book directly on our website there is a discount for return guests.

Best wishes