All reviewsblack puddingguest housepowerful hot showertop qualitygreat bedwarm welcomea great nights sleepfull englishyogurtquiet areagreat place to stayfree wifilooking forward to our next visithome from homefour nightsbreakfast choicesnothing too much trouble
Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

Just returned from a two night stay at the Rowan Tree - it was fab! Perfectly clean, amazing breakfast, ideal location, all at a good price. Anne and Paul were great hosts, it was as if we were invited guests rather than customers - very attentive and friendly. Would definitely recommend!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2016

Just returned from 2 nights stay at The Rowan Tree with Anne and Paul. They truly are the perfect hosts, nothing is too much bother. Breakfast was the best I have ever experienced in a B&B the fresh fruit salad was delicious. We went for the full English the first morning and were totally stuffed so the second morning just had the fruit and Paul's perfect poached egg with beans on toast. The bed was more comfy than my one at home and the rooms were fresh and clean and tastefully decorated.

Would recommend to anyone and will definitely be coming again in the future.

Thank you once again Anne and Paul!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights and I can't fault the Rowan tree on one thing. The room was spotless and very comfortable (room 3) and the breakfast was excellent highly recommend the black pudding best I've ever tried. Paul and Ann were perfect hosts will be definitely staying here again hopefully sooner rather than later

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

The Rowan Tree is by far the best guest house I have stayed at in Keswick. I regularly come to this buzzy town as a base to climb the fells and have stayed in a few different places, none of which quite live up to this special place for me.

The hosts, Paul and Ann looked after us superbly. They are extremely welcoming and also very helpful and knowledgable about the local area.

This guest house is situated on a quiet road and only a stones throw (5 minute stroll) into Keswick town centre. We stayed in the triple room- a very light and spacious room which had a lovely cosy and luxurious feel to it. Everything looked new and was immaculate. The ensuite was also a decent size and spotlessly clean. The bed was huge and so comfy to sink into after a long day walking.

The breakfast is out of this world ! We started with a very impressive fresh fruit salad with yummy Greek yogurt followed by the piece de resistance - full English breakfast. Locally sourced produce and cooked to perfection! I highly recommend trying the black pudding. Simply delicious.

I love the location of this guest house. It is very central but you don't get any road noise, as it is situated on a quiet side street. I would also encourage a visit to the Square Orange - a delightful, quirky tapas bar just a five minute walk from the Rowan tree. They often have live music on a Wednesday evening - great food, drink and atmosphere.

I highly recommend the Rowan tree and I am already looking forward to my next visit.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
4  Thank Kate2909
Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

This was our second visit to Rowan Tree, this time under the new ownership of Anne and Paul. We stayed in room 1 on this occasion, a tastefully decorated en suite room. No outlook, only scaffolding but if the weather had been better we wouldn't have even noticed it. Lovely cooked breakfast along with a choice of cereals and fruit. Highly recommend this BnB

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple