“Great surprise ”
Review of The Pig

The Pig
Ranked #19 of 72 Restaurants in Windermere
Description: Perfectly formed Cafe/Bar in the centre of Windermere Village serving freshly made and prepared food and a large selection of drinks.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Well I have to say we have watch a great team work together tonight that we didn't book has its a first come first severed basis. Fantastic friendly staff great food thank for the great surprise, see you tomorrow.

Date of visit: July 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,105)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Fantastic service from Paul, very friendly and welcoming; amazing service and food amazing! Would highly recommend!! :))

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

4 of us had a meal here - all was excellent. Can recommend the sausage and mash - delicious! Came here a few nights for a drink as well. Great staff and good atmosphere.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First time at this place and will definitely be going back. We had a pasta and pizza combination with a couple of cappuccinos. The food was delicious and piping hot, and the prices were very good. Very attentive ‘waiter’ (Tim), and the taking of the order and food to the table was speedy.
Highly recommend.
Ian and Michele

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Came to the lakes after 2 years …pandemic, lockdown , etc. And had a wonderful afternoon in Keswick with our two dogs. Had a light bite and then decided to drive all the way to Windermere to go to the Pig because we had great experiences earlier. Called them as we were parking to ask if there was a table and we were told they had tables . I said it’s 2 of us and 2 dogs. Fine. Reached . Head waiter asked if we had more dogs?! To which we said as we said no! Just the 2. We had 2 packets of chicken from Co op for the dogs as they had been out longer than expected. However I checked with the head waiter if that was ok to feed the dogs. And he said yes. So as we sat I fed them. Straight from my hand to their mouth . Not a spec on the floor ! All of a sudden, in a crowded restaurant, a gentleman walks up claiming to be the owner and says we shouldn’t be doing that and I said well I asked and only because I was told I could, I did. To which he was extremely rude and said I should not have and I should have fed them like dogs from the floor!!! I have never been this embarrassed and talked down to . Ridiculous. We left . Wonderful day spoilt by a seemingly racist and NOT dog friendly owner.
Might I add that I have a dog friendly hotel and pub / restaurant in Barnard Castle. Pls visit to know how to treat customers and BE dog friendly.
Shame on you!