US$132
Hotels.com
US$180
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$133
The Hideaway At Windermere(Windermere)
US$153
US$104
US$186
US$164
Official Site
Gilpin Hotel & Lake House(Windermere)
US$366
All reviewsvision hotelguide dogdog towelsthis hotel catersfree runswimming poolthe cottagesdog loversdog friendly hoteltrouser presswet roombuffet stylethe main hoteldrawing roomevening meallovely hotelroom was large
Reviewed 25 November 2017

Last minute booking, the location suited our needs for a little bit of sightseeing. Had a text en route to say our room was ready. Booked in, to be told we had an upgrade to the cottage annex which is a short walk away from the main hotel and amenities, might not be ideal for everyone, especially in inclement weather. The rooms were clean, spacious, huge bed, full length bath, shower, and although it was freezing outside, the heating inside was good. The bar had limited selection of beers, and the bar food was good if again, limited. the restaurant offers a 3 course meal for £25, but we stuck with the bar food which was more than adequate for our requirements at £8 a head. The pool was a good addition. The hotel is a Vision Hotel which caters for vision impared people and their dogs, and although we didnt realise this at the time of booking i have to say how uplifting and humbling it was to see these people really enjoying themselves. A special mention to all the staff who went the extra mile to assist and make their stay enjoyable, well done guys and girls. Definitely a place we would stay again.

Room Tip: See review.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James S
windermere-manor, General Manager at Windermere Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2017

Thank you for your kind comments and I am truly pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive a review like yours and it will be my pleasure to share this with the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and one again "thank you"

Reviewed 25 November 2017

Stayed at this hotel for one night for my birthday.lovely room ,lovely staff but did not realise it was a dog friendly hotel,and there was a lot of blind people there with there guide dogs.This made our night as we both love dogs,but it would not be everyone's cup of tea.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind comments and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We do advertise our hotel as a "pet friendly hotel" and all our advertising material states that we are part of the RNIB and that we have good guide dog facilities, so I can only apologise if this did not appear clear to you.
I am pleased to read that it did not spoil your stay and I sincerely hope we can look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review

Reviewed 14 November 2017

Great location for walking into Windermere and Bowness . Bedroom huge , it was great to have so much space for a double bedroom. The best part of our break at the hotel had to be the food and the staff , particularly Alan and Ernest in the bar/ restaurant , Gosta the restaurant supervisor and chefs Kuba and Jacob. A big thankyou to them and all the other staff at the hotel , nothing was too much trouble. The pool was good too. Definitely will be visiting again and recommend anybody that is visiting the Lake District to book at this hotel . Congratulations to Andrew Wilson the manager for organising such a top professional team .

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
windermere-manor, General Manager at Windermere Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Thank you for your kind comments and it is certainly our pleasure to receive feedback such as yours and it will be my pleasure to share your comments with the entire team.
All the team work hard to get it right and to receive this type of praise is indeed inspiring.

Thank you and we look forward to being of service to you again

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

We arrived quite early so our room wasn’t ready which we expected, however the receptionist took my number and text me when it was ready. Our room was a lovely large room overlooking the front gardens and we could just see the Lake through the trees! Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and the breakfast (included in the price) was lovely

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
windermere-manor, General Manager at Windermere Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay. It will be my pleasure to pass on your kind compliments to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

I booked this hotel for my second wedding anniversary . The location was very good but the room was very poor. There was mould in the bathroom and in the bedroom. Room had not been cleaned properly and there was black hairs in the bed and all over the carpet . We went down for breakfast on the Saturday morning And I must say it was the worst breakfast ever had. The beacon did not look cooked . I could go on but I’ll just leave in there . I think the hotel is very overpriced

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for leaving a review following your stay and I am truly sorry that you feel things were not of the standard you expected. There is certainly no excuse for poor housekeeping and I will discuss your points with the team, it is unfortunate that you did not discuss this with the duty manager at the time so as we could have done everything in our power to rectify any issues.
Once again my sincere apologies for any shortcomings.