US$153
  • Restaurant
US$122
US$110
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$127/night.

Free cancellation until 26/07
US$101
US$98
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$110/night.

US$185
US$165
Official Site
Glencree(Windermere)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$95
The Hideaway At Windermere(Windermere)
US$151
US$147
1,970 results
All reviewsblue smokeleisure clublake viewleisure facilitiesbusy roadthe outdoor hot tubbuilding workmain restaurantlake districtlovely hotelrestaurant staffsteam roomwedding venuehigh standardnight breaklots of choicefrom start to finish
Reviewed 5 December 2017

Comfortable beds, room was quite large.

Excellent breakfasts.

We enjoyed the Christmas function there, and for 180 guests it was not too crowded, and the catering was very good indeed!

On the one night we had dinner at the Blue Smoke restaurant. I had the salmon, which was superb. My Mrs ordered the pork belly which was also really good.

Quite suprising for a hotel restaurant. The only downside is that it is quite pricey. Even with their special offer, it amounted to £22 for starter and main per person.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view otherwise you might get one with a view of the stores.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
NevilJeffery, General Manager at Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Dear RegiTime

I am so pleased to learn you enjoyed your recent Christmas Party night and mini break at Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa. I read with interest your rewarding comments about the overall dining experience you had in our new Blue Smoke on the Bay grill restaurant. I will be sure to forward these words of encouragement on to all team members. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future. Kind regards Nevil Jeffery

Reviewed 4 December 2017

The hotel is currently undergoing major development but this did not impact on the stay at all,
I found the staff very helpful and friendly, my room was well balanced and spacious enough with a view of the lake. I tried the new restaurant "Blue smoke on the bay" which boasts an amazing indoor BBQ Grill, premium food, well presented and in a timely manor, the best venison I have ever tasted for sure, its not cheap but for the best I've ever had worth every penny. I certainly didn't feel like I had just been taken for a ride with the cost, I've paid a lot more for a lot worse. I can imagine when the current builders work is finished the hotel will have transformed into something quite special. will stay again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Dear MAFF-T

Thank you for your rewarding review and I am so pleased you enjoyed your dining experience in our new Blue Smoke on the Bay grill restaurant. Its pleasing to read as other TA reviews all present redevelopment works and our management plan to minimise guest disruption are working. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future. kind regards Nevil Jeffery.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Saturday NIght Christmas Party, the Hotel has been refurbished since our last visit 2 years ago and it has been done very nicely, really enjoyed it. The Pool and Health club facilities have all been refurbished as was the hotel room, good food and good service.

Room Tip: Room with a view of the lake
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Avril V

Thank you firstly for posting a rewarding review after your recent stay and secondly acknowledging the ongoing improvements English Lakes Hotels as a company have made since your last visit, which will be fully completed in the forthcoming spring. As a team we sincerely hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future. Kind regards Nevil Jeffery

Reviewed 3 December 2017

Hotel right alongside the lake
Lovely views albeit that it is close to the main road and depending on the location of your room can be a little noisy
Currently there are major works being undertaken at the rear of the hotel but little interference
The hotel staff are excellent , the main restaurant very good, and the spa superb

Room Tip: Our room was delightful but during the night rooms on the front will suffer traffic noise (Hotel ratings not work but all very good)
Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear John W

Thank you for posting this review since your recent stay at Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa and as a team we are pleased to learn you enjoyed the overall experience. Kind regards Nevil Jeffery.

Reviewed 1 December 2017

Had a wonderful stay at the Low Wood Hotel. We stayed in a Lime Lake view room and I have to say it was everything we expected, and more. Fantastic views of the lake and surrounding hills and mountains. Cannot praise the staff enough, especially the manager Gavin. Thank you very much to all of them. Can't wait for our next visit in February.

Room Tip: Always ask for a Lake view room. Views are amazing
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank b3mlo1947

Dear b3mlo1947

As a team we are so pleased to learn you enjoyed your recent stay at Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa, especially the setting in which we have the pleasure of being situated in. Thank you also for recognising Gavin's efforts and I will be sure to forward these sentiments onto him and indeed the rest of the team. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future. Kind regards Nevil Jeffery