“Cake and cafe - light and airy”

Sugar&Spice Cafe and Bistro
Ranked #2 of 77 Restaurants in Windermere
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Cuisines: Polish, Cafe
Description: Friendly family run licensed cafe & bistro providing home made food, cakes and scones. Serving coffee and loose leaf teas. Traditional tiered afternoons teas.
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Stopped by this afternoon for a late lunch. The cafe is very bright and welcoming. The staff were really friendly. The tea and cake were lovely but what was the point of the chocolate sauce and cream from an aerosol? I also ate a chilli dog. Chilli was under-spiced and it should always be served in a soft roll not half a baguette.

All said, I really liked the setting and the music and would still recommend a visit.

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

Visited here for lunch today, was greeted by friendly staff, simple but nice Decor, I recommend the chicken and bacon pasta in garlic cream sauce, rather large portion at an affordable price, fairly cheaper than alot of other eateries in town.

Amazing food thank you, will be back very soon!

Reviewed 15 June 2017

My friend and I had the most delicious coffee and cake here. What a little gem of a café.
Very very welcoming staff and love the décor and the " Spice Lounge" where we sat was very cosy.
Shame we didn't find it earlier, just make sure you walk up the street away from the touristy places, you will find it well worth it.

1  Thank Linda H
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stumbled upon this cafe at lunchtime. We had the sandwich and soup lunch deal which was great value but the quality of the food exceeded our expectations - and we are quite demanding. The vegetable soup was superb made with proper stock and flavoured with turmeric and coriander. The staff were so friendly and motivated to serve their customers well. Great attention to detail from light fittings to glass teapots and cups. Well done to all involved!

1  Thank P6116BZdavid
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

I came here with my girlfriend after a lengthy cycle around Windermere. Fantastic service and amazing value for money. We ordered the afternoon tea for two at £18 for both of us. This came with our choice of sandwiches, and generous warm scones, and our choice in two homemade cakes.
I rarely write reviews, but thought that Sugar&Spice deserved a full five stars. We couldn't finish all we were given and were given a personalised box to take back to our hotel. Will definitely visit again.

1  Thank George G