“Its perfectly ok for what you pay”

Stockton Grange Hotel
Ranked #62 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

Myself and three friends booked the Stockton grange online then read this page we were dreading our visit I won't lie. HOWEVER. On arrival the receptionist was friendly and helpful explained everything and gave us our room keys. On getting to out rooms they were clean in fact pretty much spotless the TVs were all flat screen and looked relatively new the beds and mattresses were perfectly clean and I'm fussy bathroom very very clean for thirty odd quid for the night you couldn't expect more. My only slight moan would be the kettle couldn't be plugged in where it was which just meant moving it and the rooms had vertical blinds rather than curtains which is a little light in the morning but I'd certainly stop here again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank jay b

Reviewed 6 March 2017

First off I'd say that some of the reviews I've read on the particular hotel are particularly very harsh and not what I have come across on my stay, we spent the night there this Saturday just gone. The staff were very friendly and showed us to our room at check in, we parked our vehicle in the car park at the back. We stayed in the family room and the room was very clean and spacious, there were tea making facilities if we wanted any and there is free wifi so was very pleased with that, downstairs there is a bar and pool table and we had a beer or two in there. While in the bar we mentioned to the owner that the place has a mixture of good and bad reviews and he told us that hes aware of it but has recently took over the place and is distancing himself from the previous owners and working hard to turn the place around, the car park at the back could do with sprucing up a bit and the alley way to get to it is a bit narrow that others have mentioned on here but I noticed some bigger vehicles parked at the back so it must be possible to get them down that alley, myself I have a ford fiesta and made it down that alley way ok so no complaints about that, overall I would stay here again if I came to visit blackpool again.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank ian l
Reviewed 14 February 2017

averange accomadation. staff where friendly. accomadation is ok if your liturally just sleeping their but you get what you pay for. dont assume because it says car park you will be able to park your car.. i have a small polo and the alley way you have to go through to get to the parking will not fit most cars through, we had to pay for parking at a different car park which cost £6 for 24 hours. could do with the check out time being slightly later too.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

Very poor staff not very friendly not very good hotel staff try to get in my room to see where the fire alarm was coming from when I was a sleep and woke me and my partner up because a group of lads was smoking in there room . No breakfast . Room was like a hostile not very clean not worth the money do not use this hotel the staff did not speak alot of English so it was very hard to explain things when you had a problem think this hotel needs someone to.go.and have a look how is been run because is not been run right .

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bicbic321
Reviewed 18 December 2016

We arrived at the hotel and after spending 20 minutes knocking and ringing, someone from the same street came out and told us that nobody had been there for days but they have a sister hotel around the corner - the new royal Windsor. We went to this hotel and even though our names were not on the system, they took money and told us that it was £4 for parking and £5 to pay by card. I asked the man what we would have done if the man from the street didn't tell us where to go. He just replied "I don't know it's nothing to do with us, we just have people at our hotel if the other one is closed". Absolutely disgraceful how the hotel didn't let us know they were closed. When we got in the room it was unclean with stains on the bed and I also read reviews about bed bugs and people being ripped off as money was taken from their bank after leaving. As they have our bank details I'm worrying about the hotel saying we didn't turn up - as technically we didn't - and then charging my boyfriends bank account. I have no trust for this hotel company and it was very dodgy. They were insistent on us paying with cash as well - also suggesting that something dodgy is going on. I cried in our hotel room and I regret handing over the money and accepting the situation but I am not a confrontational person. I was stupid not to read reviews before turning up. Do not book.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple