6,655 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

This is the worst hotel I have experienced in the civilized World. Definitely one to avoid.
There is not much more to say. It is dirty, uncared for, and leaves nothing to warrant any praise in any direction.
Unfortunately this was the only place available for the dates required in the area. Myself and four colleagues paid over the odds because it was booked by a company.
Words fail me, but I have to make this review 200 characters. So...................................................

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank paul d
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Stayed here with a national holidays break fully expecting the worst,however I was pleasantly surprised.
The food was really good,both the breakfast and evening meal.Lots of choice and as much as you want with it been self service.
The room was clean ,plenty of towels and hot water.The room had a sea view and the kettle was new with tea and coffee available.
Entertainment was good on the night and bingo is played if you like a game.
The bar is remarkably cheap for a hotel,which was really good for me as i like a drink £2.50 a pint .
All the staff I encountered were really friendly and helpful.A special mention to two great bar people,Megan and Albert who kept us supplied with good beer and larger.
All in all this hotel is not the Dorchester but you are not paying Dorchester prices.
What it is ,is a great budget hotel providing excellent value for money ,I mean £98 for four days with accommodation,breakfasts,evening meals,a free pass to go to the top of the tower and return transport from York.Remarkable.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mags008
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Went with my husband to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. Absolutely glorious. Looks and smells clean. The receptionist staff certainly know how to treat a lady. Brought me condoms up to my room on request, and the cleaners didn't disturb us, just cleaned around us, when we were enjoying some special time the next morning. Breakfast was divine and fresh, the finest, most luxurious thing I've ever placed in my mouth.

Stayed: May 2018
3  Thank jimimaakasotu
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I read some reviews before coming here and was a little worried. When we arrived the staff were friendly. We came to our room and there wasn't really a view but we thought that it was fine as we were not living in there all weekend. The bed was really comfy and the room was clean. The drinks in the bars were very cheap and it was a good atmosphere. Breakfast wad lovely. The spa facilities are fab and again reasonably priced for hotel guests. The only downside was that it was very noisy outside as I believe our room was situated above a staff area. Other than that we had a fantastic stay and will be coming back for sure :)

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Deborah W
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Family trip away with a 1 year old and a 3 year old. On arrival hotel looked like old aged pensioner home but give it a chance. Arrived at our room and to be honest if I didn't have kids to think about I would have asked for a refund and gone somewhere else.. The room was dusty bedding was not very clean on inspection. Room windows didn't shut and it was cold I had to buy a dressing gown. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. 5+ people left the hotel due to the hotel being so dirty and falling to bits. Never again would I book this hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family