Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Good gisit

Good visit, felt very safe. Staff were very welcoming and respectful of space. Plenty of hand gel... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
CLaireH235
Basildon, United Kingdom
via mobile
Average attraction

There were not that many celebrities that we recognised and some of the displays were sparse. It... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
65markos

Recommended experiences in and around Blackpool
from US$29.90
More Info
from US$20.13
More Info
7,186 results
All reviews wax works rovers return coronation street simon cowell wax hand photo opportunities take photos photos taken worth a visit up to date couple of hours great fun few hours great place to visit great attraction rainy day value for money
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 August 2021

We pre booked with a morning time slot. Walked straight in, no waiting around.
Was pleasantly surprised that none of the figures were roped off, which meant we could have our photos taken standing/sitting right next to them.
We enjoyed the experience, but felt it was a little too busy. This meant a lot of waiting around.
Worth a visit though.

Reviewed 13 August 2021

We visited Blackpool Madam Tussauds yesterday at 12.15, we have visited before a few years ago and as we enjoyed previous visit we thought we would visit again to see the new strictly section.
Well sadly what a disappointment. Only one judge, no figures, dresses/outfits or information on any of the main popular dancers or any of the most famous celebrities contestants. On the website it implies that there would be a photo opportunity to be a judge it doesn't clearly state this wasn't part of the photo package that can be purchased. And that been a judge interaction is a self took photo which means asking someone else whoever was willing to use our phones to take a photo. Not really the best idea in a covid situation!

Also the photo opportunity near the strictly section was taken by a very rude staff member directed us how to stand/pose and would not allow us to pose freely how we wished too. She said "apparently" abruptly when we asked to pose freely that we had to pose as directed so the green screen works!! Erm not in my experience is this how green screens worked but er ok. Thought hmm must be a good reason so continued through the other sections.

I prebought the photo package thinking this was for all set photo opportunities only to be told by the rude member of staff (see above) that this was not the case & we have used ours on the strictly photo as it was for one photo only.

So because she told us this we did not queue to pose at the other set photo opportunities.

On our walk around we noticed that there seemed to be less models on this visit but I assumed that this was to make room for social distancing but still a disappointment none the less.

When we went to collect our photo at the end of the walk around, our instructed pose from strictly had been placed on all the other backgrounds even though we had not stopped and posed for them. All the photos were horrible, I explained to the young man serving that we hadn't posed for them due to what his colleague had told us (see above), when he informed us what she said was incorrect and the £15 was for 3 photos I asked if could we go back and pose ourselves for the ones we were told we couldn't stop at. As the superimposed us on the photos were terrible you could see alot more than usually expected of the green screen around our heads.

He abruptly told us no this would not be possible. I then asked for a refund for the photo package as I hadn't received what I had paid for & I did not want any of the photos. Again he said no as he continued to print the photos and tried to hand them to my daughter even though I had clearly said I did not want them. I gave them back to the young man and left, feeling very angry and frustrated as the customer service received was shocking & ruined the whole experience. Which in previous visits to both the Blackpool & London attractions have been fun and enjoyable.

Reviewed 12 August 2021 via mobile

Social distancing was not happening here. Hundreds of people not wearing masks in very close contact all the way round.

Reviewed 12 August 2021 via mobile

The level of attention to detail and thought that's gone into this museum is completely out of this world and makes the experience so much more enjoyable. We spent just over an hour here but we really enjoyed it and had fun. Some of the wax figures are scary in likeness (I do think they've done Ant dirty with his wax figure and feel Ant should be insulted but Dec's is amazing) the different set ups and layouts are just outstanding. There are toilets throughout the museum and getting to have a drink in the rovers return pub was an added bonus. We really enjoyed our visit and would definitely recommend

Reviewed 11 August 2021 via mobile

Never been to a Tussauds before so was really looking forward to it-wasn’t disappointed!
Although the attraction was quite busy there was plenty of room to look around and stop to take pictures of the waxworks.
There were several different areas to visit and all were really good, though some of the models looked a bit creepy!
Although not a fan of soap operas we enjoyed the Coronation Street set and found ourselves having a drink in the Rovers Return with Bet Lynch, Deirdre and Ken Barlow (he looked quite ill though!).
We got loads of fun photos and really enjoyed our visit!