“Disgusting lack of service”
Review of The Rose and Crown

The Rose and Crown
Ranked #228 of 758 Restaurants in Blackpool
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Waited to be served only one customer being served - phone rang chef picked up phone answered then passed to barmaid. Not even please wait a minute. Both disappeared and left me and my partner waiting at the bar to order food and a drink. We walked out disgusted at the rude and ignorant behaviour of the staff.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

We ate at this pub on 3/9/17 and can confidently say it will be the first and only time we visited.
Waiting at the bar took 2 mins to get served as the bar man carried on his conversation with another punter. Only me at the bar waiting so there can be no excuse they didn't see me.
There was 2 adults and 4 children in our party. 6 meals and 5 drinks cost £46 which is a bit steep when you compare it to other establishments, but at least else where you get a decent size portion. This place was like they were rationing for war or summat.
Off the top of my head we ordered Chicken tikka curry, Lasagne with chips, 2 fish n chips, Spag bol and I think Sausage n mash. Some of these meals were on the 2 for £8.99 menu. 10 chips per plate would of been a pretty good guess if we were to of counted them. The quality of the food itself was ok at best.
The tables were very sticky, there were no tables to cater for bigger parties (4 ppl max per table) and the tables were all very squeezed together up one side of the room.
The lack of service, cost, portion sizes easily make this the worst place we have eaten out in Blackpool at.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

my partner had to have a wheelchair for the few days we were in blackpool but this pub made extremly welcome there staff are fantastic,first cass service,and first class meals. we only had a cheese toastie,but it was well presented and plenty to eat ,we would recomend this pub to all walks of life ,because they cater for everyone we will call again many thanks .pam /alan from barnsley south yorkshire.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

This gem is hidden in plain sight! FANTASTIC food - exceeded only by the wonderful service. I would visit Blackpool again _just_ to eat here!

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Came for a drink with family lovely atmosphere clean not too expensive
Made to feel welcome sports on TV plus a good selection of music food available if required at a reasonable price too