“Awful!”
Review of Shepperton Hotel

Shepperton Hotel
Ranked #576 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

Dirty, smelled bad and really outdated! Hairs and stains all over the beds! When we complained the owner tried to change bed himself, didn't have a clue how to do this and then told us the stains were laundry stains as they were also on the second set of bedding! Room was dirty, mould on curtains, drawers full of hairs, used a baby wipe to wipe along window ledge and it was black with dirt!! Shower was rusty and bin was sticky and dirty! Toilet seat also had hairs on it! We decided not to stay here due to the state of the place! When we told owner that we weren't satisfied, he told us to leave as we were causing hassle! We then had to argue to get money back for these rooms, owner had a real attitude, claiming he had never had a complaint (but now we know that is lies due to the reviews on here)! Would not recommend this hotel at all!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
caringandfrustrated, Owner at Shepperton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2016

hello i am writing a response to this review the lady had made her mind up to not to be happy, I tried to help but to no avail the bed markings were very small and not dirt they were small bleach marks from the cleaners I agreed with her that they needed to be changed and proceeded to do so I am 68 so I am a little bit slow with things like this however it obviously was not enough as she stood saying nothing with her arms folded standing ominously behind me, I could see by her attitude I was fighting a losing battle so when she said she wanted to leave I told her I was grateful as she would never be happy I didn't haggle about her room money, though originally her room was paid by someone else in her party who said they were happy to stay and did so, obviously it was good enough for them, I refute her exaggerated cleanliness issues but I agree I didn't like her attitude towards me so I am human and responded in kind when you try your best to please and get rudely knocked back it is only natural so lady please go and knock someone else not me and my hotel.

Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

Just got back from staying at the Sheppeton Hotel in Blackpool. Once again it was outstanding. Geoff the owner was there to welcome myself and my daughter Poppy when we arrived. He helped us book the Blackpool Resort Pass. Nothing is too much trouble for him. We stayed for a week and didn't want to come home. Every morning you have a lovely breakfast (the best) plenty of it aswell. The hotel has everything you want and I can't fault it in any way. This is our 4th visit to the Sheppeton and can't wait til our 5th. Geoff is always there to help. We love Blackpool and in particular the Sheppeton Hotel. It's only 2 minutes from South Pier so very convenient aswell. If anyone is thinking of going to Blackpool I would highly recommend the Sheppeton Hotel as in my opinion is the best.
Happy holidays. Debbie and Poppy

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2016

if you comeo here expecting a plush up to date hotel you will be disapointed it is a lovely clean warm and welcoming b and b the owner geoff is very nice always wanting to help, the breakfast was always lovely , we are a family of 5 and our room was cosy and roomy despite being 5 of us in one room would definately come back

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

Checked in on the 1st August, we received a warm welcome off the owner, before we seen the room we were asked to pay the bill, the stairs needed a good hoover and the whole place needs updated, we were in room 6 the room really needed a good clean, the bedding was stained and the dressing table was all chipped there was a curtain up at the window that was tied in a knot, the breakfast was fine but the girl with the tattoos was very rude we had booked in for 3 nights but on the 3rd day we checked out and came home early, my partner works away a lot and he says it was one of the dirtiest places he has stayed definitely would not recommend!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Kirsty R
Reviewed 2 August 2016

we were granred with a nice welcome and we were on the 2nd floor in room number 10 and they have a delicous breakfast as it is a bed and breakfast and its only a 2 minute walk to the south pier and at night you can go in the lounge/bar or you could go out for a walk to the south pier where there is entertainment in the laughing donkey bar had a great stay definately be back

Room Tip: pick a room on 2nd or 3rd floor as on 1st floor you can hear noise from the bar