“Weekend break”
Review of Shepperton Hotel

Shepperton Hotel
Ranked #576 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 October 2016

Arrived to be greeted with the friendly owner Geoff. Couldn't help notice the smell of the place (not pleasant) we were shown to our room which looked ok at first glance, but soon became aware that it could do with a right good clean. En suite was disgusting, the once stainless Steel racks around the wash hand basin were filthy with rust & just didn't see the point as there was ample room on window ledge for toiletries. No loo paper, had to buy some when we went out. The small bar was ok for a night cap although was served wine in a sherry glass lol. The breakfast was nice & plentyfull. The bunk beds creaked every time someone moved so kept us all awake. Definitely wouldn't recommend this hotel avoid at all cost.

Room Tip: Don't go there
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

Went for a weekend with my partner and 6 year old hotel was comfortable and clean staff were very friendly breakfast was excellent will defiantly be staying again hotel wasn't the most modern but we went for a weekend of fun not to stay in a posh hotel it was a family hotel and it was just what we were looking for

Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

Visited for a weekend 2 adults and 3 children we were in a large room which slept 5 . Room was nice and don't know what last reviewer experienced but our room was clean and tidy . Is true that it is not a modern hotel but for price I paid was absolutely fine . We arrived later than expected due to traffic and owner was very nice and friendly had saved us a parking space and even walked my sister back round to hotel as was quite late a night which was very nice of him . Also a very nice breakfast and friendly staff serving . Is in a good location for visiting the pleasure beach which is why I booked it . Would return again

Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

The staff at the hotel are very friendly and welcoming. Our room was very spacious and clean and even got cleaned on our 2nd day there. The breakfast is a buffet style breakfast and is absolutely beautiful. Overall very good hotel and good location would use again.

Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

Dirty, smelled bad and really outdated! Hairs and stains all over the beds! When we complained the owner tried to change bed himself, didn't have a clue how to do this and then told us the stains were laundry stains as they were also on the second set of bedding! Room was dirty, mould on curtains, drawers full of hairs, used a baby wipe to wipe along window ledge and it was black with dirt!! Shower was rusty and bin was sticky and dirty! Toilet seat also had hairs on it! We decided not to stay here due to the state of the place! When we told owner that we weren't satisfied, he told us to leave as we were causing hassle! We then had to argue to get money back for these rooms, owner had a real attitude, claiming he had never had a complaint (but now we know that is lies due to the reviews on here)! Would not recommend this hotel at all!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
caringandfrustrated, Owner at Shepperton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2016

hello i am writing a response to this review the lady had made her mind up to not to be happy, I tried to help but to no avail the bed markings were very small and not dirt they were small bleach marks from the cleaners I agreed with her that they needed to be changed and proceeded to do so I am 68 so I am a little bit slow with things like this however it obviously was not enough as she stood saying nothing with her arms folded standing ominously behind me, I could see by her attitude I was fighting a losing battle so when she said she wanted to leave I told her I was grateful as she would never be happy I didn't haggle about her room money, though originally her room was paid by someone else in her party who said they were happy to stay and did so, obviously it was good enough for them, I refute her exaggerated cleanliness issues but I agree I didn't like her attitude towards me so I am human and responded in kind when you try your best to please and get rudely knocked back it is only natural so lady please go and knock someone else not me and my hotel.