All reviews stag weekend rooms are very basic full english recommend this hotel tram stop street parking four poster quiet location late at night last minute booking breakfast was amazing hotel is spotless excellent hosts feel very welcome many thanks my mum night stay
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Hotel was only short walk from trams, and seafront but the quieter end of Blackpool which is what we wanted,but taxi was cheap enough late at night. very clean and breakfast was great. Owners freindly and helpful. Stayed with few friends one room was a bit tatty other one looked like been refurbished so am assuming they are working their way through. Really great weekend . Will go again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2017

this hotel states it has disabled facilities but there is ramped access but steps inside and wheelchair wont even fit in the lift and rooms like matchsticks so could not stay there I had 2 holidays booked it said no deposit and free cancelation for first holiday cost me £50 and had one booked in October which I obviously cant do so cancelled that and hes took £112.50 off me for that one. straight from my bank when it says pay at the door. do not believe anything he says if he can do this to a disabled person now I cannot even go in October to another hotel im well upset

Room Tip: there are no good rooms just matchboxes
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank davemary500
terry n, Owner at Hotel Segantii, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Well it does seem now that even if you do not stay at our hotel you can now post a review on this ( I will choose my words carefully here... this unique site ).

To the lady who didn't stay with us but chose to write this review I am truly sorry you felt the hotel wasn't right for your needs, we advertise being disabled friendly which means ramped access into the building, a lift to all floors which although small does allow wheelchair access and our rooms all have walk in showers but no grab rails in them. I can absolutely assure you there are no steps other than our staircase inside the hotel, but all these facts outlining the facilities here at the hotel you where made fully aware of in corresponding emails sent to you prior to your arrival date.

So let's put this into perspective here the real reason for posting this review and are upset by is the fact you made this booking through an online third party and not with us directly. The online booking agency under their own terms & conditions have policies in place that clearly state a non refundable deposit is payable at the time of booking, if you fail to read or understand their terms it is not my fault and in fact I did advise you to contact them in regards to this matter.

So hear I am again trying to justify and defend my business from someone who actually hasn't even stayed at the hotel, booked through a third party and paid a deposit through them but then putting all the blame on me

I have now decided that this will be my last response to any negative reviews for our property, to be honest I haven't got the time or the inclination to respond to all this pettiness, life is far to short to deal with people who have nothing better to do.

To all the people who have left positive and constructive reviews I THANK YOU, I am genuinely touched by your kind words and generosity you have helped us move forward and we really appreciate the fact you have taken the time to write honest reviews.
Once again on behalf of Mandy & myself thank you all so much it really does mean a great deal.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel with hard working managers and staff. It looks like all the negative reviews were before the Segantii hotel renovated. Please ignore the negative reviews, give it a go for a night and if you don't like it, don't stay the next night. The full English breakfast was splendid! The rooms were excellent and modern!
The location is a few steps away from the nearest tram station which was extremely helpful. 110% satisfied. The only thing that I would say is that the internet sometimes disconnected. Although this, no other issues. I would 100% recommend this hotel to anyone else. Thank you staff for an amazing holiday with my family! We will be back soon.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank FULL M
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here with our two young children, ages 2 & 4 for a 5 day mid week break. We love Blackpool but are always cautious about where to stay with the kids in tow as we've had some bad experiences in the past. Terry, the owner was very welcoming and was great with the kids which put them at ease straight away. Even the youngest, who is usually quite shy was talking to him. We paid a small deposit and was handed our room key. Our room was a nice size for a family of four with enough room for the many bags of toys we brought with us . The bathroom was clean and the room was very comfortable. The hotel itself was nice, we've stayed in some dated hotels in the past but this one was quite modern. The bar was good although we didn't spend much time there as we had the girls. Breakfast was between 08:30-09:30 which suited us fine. We were given the choice of a cooked breakfast or a selection from the cereal bar. This was perfect for the kids and my husband took advantage of the cooked breakfast most mornings. He enjoyed it and cleaned his plate every morning. Overall, we had a brilliant week away and having a nice place to return to after a day out was one less worry and was definitely a relief. Terry and his wife Mandy were great and we can't recommend this hotel enough. Thanks again x

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank claire87liz
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Made a last minute booking at this little gem of a hotel, ended up with a 4 poster bed, fairy lights, chocolates and a bottle of Prosecco on ice, all at no extra cost this is a really homely place to stay, excellent hosts, fantastic full breakfast and well stocked bar. Hosts were fabulous and happy to respond to requests, non intrusive and welcoming. Have stayed in Blackpool many times before, but this was by far the best value for money and I would definitely return. The room is ideal for an extra special treat or anniversary, if it's available, go for this lovely little upgrade

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple