The Address(Blackpool)
US$74
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$86/night.

US$38
US$113
US$109
US$73
PremierInn.com
The Ruskin Hotel(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
US$42
US$37
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$64/night.

US$65
Hotels.com
1,432 results
All reviewsoutdoor poolkrazy karlchildren's entertainertram stopkids entertainmentsteam roomgames roomnext yearrestaurant staffsea viewrefurbished roomevening mealfamily suitemeal timesfood was lovelygreat holidaynothing is too much trouble
Reviewed 29 June 2011

This hotel is quite a distance, from the main centre of blackpool (about £9 each way in a taxi to the pleasure beach) although there is a tram stop right outside the hotel if you want to use that.
The hotel itself is a little dated decor wise, however, its very clean and airy. We travelled as a family of 6 with extended family too, using 6 rooms between us. We had a family room (disabled unit 89 on first floor) it was roomy and very comfy.
The games room was also great for our older kids, although it could have remained open to midnight at weekends!!!!

The meals were brilliant, although if you want a kids meal at night you have to order it by 4pm at reception. Not so much a problem, just annoying because i kept forgetting to place the order as we were out each day. My daughter just ate the soup with a roll. The restaurant manager James was great, always helpful and polite with just the right amount of cheek to make your stay good. Our waiter Richard was brilliant too, considering the "humour" heaped on him by certain party members. He took it all in good humour and responded accordingly.

The staff were immaculately turned out and nothing was too much trouble ever. The staff even ensured my flask was filled with boiling water every morning so my baby's bottles could be warm when we were out and about.
The cabaret was good too, but beware of the bingo bettys!!!!. It was good fun but OMG they are tribal when it comes to the bingo.

A couple of negatives: The whole hotel was too warm, no aircon in any room, but perhaps that was for the benefit of the older clientele.
The lifts are tiny!!!. you cant fit a pram in them at all, so the prams had to be left downstairs by the reception. Its good that they could be left there but not good when you had to lift a sleeping baby out the pram to go to your room,. just because the pram wont fit in the lift.

I also complained that our room door had to remain locked as it kept blowing open, i was assured this would be fixed asap but it wasnt repaired before we left.

The average age of the guests here is about 75, but everyone was lovely and no-one had a problem with my toddler hogging the dancefloor and dancing during the caberet.

This IS def a family friendly hotel. I will come back and stay here anytime, i loved it, as did my family.

2  Thank franny22
Reviewed 21 June 2011

We recently stayed 3 nights at the Doric Hotel, the room was lovely and spotlessly clean!
The evening entertainment was really good but they didnt have the childrens entertainer as they did last year?
The pools are great (even had a dip in the outdoor pool!)
The main letdown this year was the food. I am not saying it was un-edible, but there was no imagination put into it at all. has anyone heard of scampi with diced carrots a lettuce leaf and one rather large roast potatoe?? tinned fruit salad for desert in a metal 1960's dish, the list goes on....Gordon Ramsey or the chef from the Sheraton next door (excellent food) ought to visit.
A nice hotel, shame about the poor "hospital style food"

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room, as they are lovely
1  Thank kazzafen
Reviewed 18 June 2011

I used to go to this hotel every year when I was a child with my mum and dad, now I take my children there ! It's a great hotel for families but also has an elderly clientele as well. The staff are friendly & helpful, meals are good, the indoor pool is useful for smaller / younger children, there's an outdoor pool (if the weather allows !!), a games room where the children love to congregate and make friends, and there are family bedrooms which meant that the five of us could all be in one bedroom. There are lounge areas and a bar area to sit and relax in; I like the front lounge area where you can sit with a relaxing drink and watch the world go by outside whilst the children are busy playing. The hotel isn't in the town centre so it's quiet and not surrounded by all the tat. It's about a 10 - 15 minute walk to the North pier but there are tram and bus stops straight outside the hotel. The beach is also accessible straight opposite the hotel. My only criticism is that sometimes the hotel is extremely hot and the hot water taps quickly become scalding hot but otherwise it's a great little hotel. Whenever I holiday again in Blackpool I'll be back to the Doric !

1  Thank iamtripper
Reviewed 11 June 2011

Had a fantasic couple of days at the doric , all the staff were very polite and friendly , food quality and service was second to none , the restaurant manager James bent over backwards to ensure our family were looked after .

This was our first vist to the doric and its certainly wont be the last !! see you all in october .

Room Tip: family suite 1
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank mancfam
Reviewed 6 June 2011

We just returned back from a lovely sunny weekend in Costa Brava Blackpool at the Doric Hotel.A bonus is the outside pool which was very clean and welcoming! a true favorite with the kids. The Staff are very freindly and helpful and James the restaurant manager is a true assett to the hotel.The hotel is very clean and the only snag is the entertainment was not as good as it could have been for a hotel of that standard. We would happily return to the Doric hotel in the future. Bolton couple.

2  Thank nedders027