The Cresta Hotel
US$68
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$95/night.

The Kenley(Blackpool)
US$113
US$86
US$63
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$83/night.

Big Blue Hotel(Blackpool)
US$88
US$86
US$69
PremierInn.com
The Ruskin Hotel(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$75
  • Restaurant
US$153
Priceline
All reviewspleasure beachfriendly ownersguest housefamily roomplace to staynext yearstayed for nightsbay windownight staygreat weekendsandranixpierfabxx
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Lovely hotel, extremely nice and friendly family . The room was clean, warm,cosy and comfortable. The hotel itself was really clean and nice and warm . The breakfast was gorgeous and filled me up till well after lunch. Will definitely book again such a nice place to stay .

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lauren949
Reviewed 28 February 2013

For a Burton Albion supporter, a weekend away at the seaside was one fixture to put a ring around the date on the calendar. My partner and I decided to have a weekend break at Blackpool, as we were up against Fleetwood 'The Cod Army' Town FC, do we decided on a mini-break at The Cresta. Having stayed at The Cresta before, we knew exactly what we were getting. We made use of the parking at the rear of the Hotel, even though we stayed off-peak there was street parking available outside the hotel. Dave & Sandra, who run things, must be one of the friendliest people we have ever met and nothing is too much trouble for them. We stayed in Room 2, which was en suite and everything we needed was there, including lots of fluffy towels, tv and a lovely comfy bed - even bottled water was put out for us. The piece d'resistance though is Sandra's breakfast! Cereal and/or fresh orange juice available, if needed, following by a full English cooked to order, which saw us through to the afternoon quite easily. One word of caution, though. This is not a 5-star hotel with lifts to all floors and a concierge, but a small, friendly, b&b, although an evening meal can be booked. I would describe it as staying at someone's home and its very family-friendly - definitely no stag or hen parties allowed in here! All in all, a lovely weekend spent in the company of two genuine, hard-working people, who will try their hardest to make your stay as pleasant as possible. A little tip. Buy an all-day tram ticket from the convenience store at the top of the street for £3.50. It will pay for itself with just two trips. Fleetwood is about 40 minutes journey away and the tram stops just at the end of the Pier. And the football result? 4-0 to Burton....

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Davidattheraces
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Myself and my partner stopped here for a 3 night long weekend, the last weekend of the season/lights 2012. We booked this little hotel after scouring the internet for the best value accommodation which included parking, though when we arrived several near by also had private parking but it's not as easy as you think finding parking online. After reading a previous review we called up to book, this saved us a little money as apparently some online booking services charge up to 20% and don't pass this on to the hotelier. We paid £40 a night including breakfast plus £10 for reserved parking as we was arriving late and wanted to guarantee a space.

Having not stopped in a B&B since I was a youngster I wasn't sure what to expect. When we arrived around 6pm the on street parking was all taken, luckily we found a spot at the top of the street and I ran back to find out where the car park was. I was first greeted by Dave the owner, he gave me directions to the back of the hotel and the car park, he then met me round back. Parking is quite a premium in Blackpool and there is no exception here either, the car parking space was very tight, to a point it could be an issue with bigger vehicles so ask when you call up, but for with a C3 it was perfectly adequate. We then squeezed through the cars, entered through the dining room and met the family in the bar/reception room. I say family because this isn't a big chain 'staffed' hotel, its an extremely welcoming family run B&B.

Dave gave us the room key and said to pay when we had unpacked. He also made a joke about my height, not an insult, it was the fact we'd booked a small double room (room 3), I'd assumed when it said small it ment the room not the bed, it was in fact the bed and as a 7ft tall person he was making sure we was going to be happy with it, it was fine, as a tall person I've come to live with the small beds in all hotel accommodation, the only difference with this one is there is a wall at the end of the bed, but once wrapped up on a cold Blackpool night this wasn't an issue.

The room was small, like I said we're used to roomy hotel chains, but once unpacked using the drawers, shelves and hangers provided we settled in quickly. It was boiling when we walked in (remember it was November) but we quickly found the thermostat on the radiator and cooled down. It had free tea, coffee, biscuits and bottled water (for kettle). And the bathroom had a few shower gel sachets etc. The towels we're luxury as well (I wouldn't usually mention this but compared to the standard hotel chain ones these were good!). As mentioned on another review, there were two screws in the shower, but they in no way effected the use of the shower, these we're obviously where a soap dish used to be, I think the owner will remove these over the closed season any ways (it was the last weekend of the season). Also in the room was a modern freeview tv with plenty of channels and a remote. So that's the room, small, hot, very comfy, luxury towels, tea coffee biscuits and a TV, what more could you want! Whilst we we're there we heard nothing from neighbouring rooms as well despite the hotel being fully booked!

We then headed back downstairs. One minor issue was access to the car was only via a short walk around the block (check in/out only is available via the dining room for hygiene and security reasons), but once we'd retrieved everything we didn't go back to the car, though we did have access to it throughout the stay. This might not be guaranteed though as cars are parked in a blocked in fashion, if your first in you might have to be last out, they the owner tries his best manoeuvring cars, if you was to need the car I'd recommend asking the night before.

The bar was welcoming, always a friendly face to chat to. We paid, had a beer (cans unfortunately due to it being the end of season) and then head out to see the lights! The location is perfect, its a five minute walk to the trams / pleasure beach / sandcastle which is the start to the lights as well. We made the mistake of walking to the tower, though not far at all on a sunny day it rained for almost all of our holiday, a tram would've been quicker and they are reasonably priced, especially for day tickets, between the pleasure beach and the tower area is what seems like a row of non-stop hotels so its not the nicest of walks in the rain! The hotel is also 2 seconds away from a convenience store with free cash machine, and banks ain't that much further!

Breakfast was 9am, a reasonable time for us, there was plenty of everything, it was table service for the main full English and Dave asked us what we wanted including/excluding. Cereal was also available and fresh juice was one the tables! Very good value and a recommended start to the day!!

In the bar there is a pool table though we didn't bother with it on this visit. We did however sample the bar "snacks", after getting soaked in the pleasure beach all we wanted to do was stay in for the night, food was a must so we checked out the bar, a small but adequate menu is displayed. I asked if I could have a big portion of curry and it was almost like he gave me the full pan, as well as all the extras on the side, all for a bargain price (compare to the small meals on the front for the same price), highly recommended!!

We will definitely stopping here again, hopefully the weather will be better next time. I think we'll look forward to seeing the family just as much as Blackpool next time as well!

5 STARS!!

Room Tip: Room 3 has a small 3/4 double bed. However this room is still comfy, has a en-suite, and is cheaper than other rooms I believe too!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tobybowes
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This hotel has friendly staff, the breakfast was delicious and kept us going till dinnertime.The room was clean and comfortable. The location was excellent, 2 minutes walk to the Pleasure Beach, and the promenade and trams. We recommend this hotel for couples and families.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maureen S
Reviewed 2 November 2012

This was our sixth stay this year and have booked for New Year - excellent stay yet again - delicious breakfasts with the large plates you don't need to fill up again until tea time - nothing a problem for Dave or Sandra. Always there to help you no matter what the problem is! The bar meals to die for! Nearly as filling as breakie - excellent choice.
It was my partners birthday whilst we were there - they even baked him a cake - you don't get that in any other hotel.
You arrive as guests but always feel like you are saying goodbye to friends when leaving

• Stayed: October 2012