“Very good”

Big Fish Trading Co.
Ranked #107 of 122 Quick Bites in Blackpool
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely fresh food, good size portions and friendly helpful staff.

Very clean. My daughter snd I enjoyed our lunch, food was not greasy

We will return

Date of visit: June 2021
Write a reviewReviews (126)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

So overpriced it's unreal. Food isn't even that great. Got a large diet coke for £2.10 that could've passed as small. Staff were unfriendly and seemed so unwelcoming. Do not recommend!

Date of visit: July 2021
1  Thank megan7h
Reviewed 10 May 2021

Coral insisted that we both "log in via the NHS Covid app". As my husband does not have a smart phone, he had to write his name etc. We could have written Mickey Mouse.
The mushy peas were luke warm. The fish was of good quality
A young man with two dependents entered the shop, he sat them down and went to park his car. One of the women asked if she could use the toilet. She was told no, they are closed. This was a woman with special needs. When he came back I advised him that she needed to go to the toilet, he asked if they could use the toilets. The staff were unhelpful. Raising their voices to say all the toilets are closed. I advised him where the toilets were open. The staff contradicted me. I said, I have just used them, they are open. I walked him and the lady to the loos. If this is Blackpool friendliness, I would not want to meet an unfriendly person

Reviewed 24 April 2021 via mobile

Me and my family had visited the BIG FISH TRADING CO FISH & CHIP RESTAURANT on 79 Hey Bank Street Blackpool ! What a BIG mistake that turned out to be ! We had ordered 3 fish and chip meals of cod and chips ! The chips where scabby with some of the chips being over cooked while others were undercooked - ( they looked and tasted like a fresh batch of chips had been thrown into the vat and cooked with the left over batch of chips that had probably been cooked earlier during the day ! ) - the chips had a oily watery sort of taste to them,
with some of the chips being hard to bite from being overcooked while others were soft cold soggy watery tasting from being undercooked ! We had ordered cod with our chips but it would seem that either the restaurant was using cheap frozen fish or was using the cheap pollock fish which is a cheap substitute version of cod ?! The fish was tasteless, and had a sort of a watery taste to it from it having been frozen fish used or from it not being cooked enough ? One of my family members had ordered a pot of gravy with their meal which was thick lumpy and had a bitter taste to it totally disgusting ! THE ONLY PERSON WHO SEEMED TO ENJOY THE MEAL WHICH HAD COST £23 FOR A FAMILY OF 3 PEOPLE WAS THE NEAREST DUST BIN !!

Reviewed 24 April 2021

Terrible fish and chips ! The chips were scabby with a sort of a watery oily taste ,
Some of the chips were over cooked while others were slightly under cooked ! The fish which was supposed to have been cod tasted more like the cheap substitute to cob called pollock ! The curry sauce was very bitter tasting. The pot of gravy one of my family members had ordered was very thick and lumpy and also had a bitter taste ! After eating only a quarter of the fish and chip meal from big fish trading co in Blackpool We ALL had to throw the rest of the meal away in the nearest bin as it
Was that terrible to eat and left us with a horrible after taste in our mouths for hours later ! The fish and chips were that horrible and terrible to eat that even our pet dog turned its nose up at eating what We had left - that’s how bad the meal was !