“New ownership”

The Tamarind
Ranked #391 of 1,270 Restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 1 February 2021

TBH I believe that the Taramind was an amazing restaurant and I'm very excited about the new ownership as I know these people in general and they are amazing. I've heard almost many of their ideas and I do think that the previous owners are leaving this restaurant with great care and responsibility. I'm pretty sure they'll still be using old recipes too but just adding a splash of excitement to these delicious dishes.

Date of visit: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (87)

Reviewed 1 February 2021

Food is amazing i had a butter chicken and a sizzler with a ice cold nice beer these new owners made a real difference and the new menu has so many offers i definitely would advise to come to this astonishing indian

Date of visit: January 2021
2  Thank harrytJ1057JG
Reviewed 28 September 2020

I was saddened to hear that The Tamarind was under new.ownership.amd going through a refurb were only doing takeaway only. I've ordered from The Tamarind for years and not gone anywhere else. Service and food was always exceptional. Unfortunately.this wasn't too be. I was not greeted when I collected my food. I've always been offered a free starter or a half cobra on arrival and while waiting to collect my order. The food was also disappointing as it was really oily.
Such a shame. I will now be looking for another Indian takeaway.

Date of visit: September 2020
1  Thank michaelgough1983
Reviewed 5 August 2020

ordered a takeaway was ready in good time, food was hot and fresh.
One of the best Indian takeaways ive had. Will definitely use again.

Date of visit: July 2020
1  Thank coulson-1981
Reviewed 18 July 2020 via mobile

Worst Indian I’ve ever had. I ordered a paneer curry which you can’t go wrong with and there was only 8 pieces of paneer and the rest sauce. The madras sauce even tasted sour. Also ordered a chili paneer starter. 4 pieces! And again no flavor just whole chilies served with it.

Date of visit: July 2020