“Takeaway”

The Tamarind
Ranked #394 of 1,260 Restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had our first takeaway from here tonight and the food was amazing. The best Indian food we have ever tasted and great value for money. Even the delivery man was very polite. Will definitely use again

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (87)

Reviewed 2 April 2021 via mobile

10/10 for great testing food, friendly & attentive service and an overall AWESOME takeaway experience.

From speaking to the team, the restaurant is under new management.

I am a bit of a curry snob (especially as I am now on a vegan diet) so it’s difficult for me to find good quality places to eat which I rave about. I found out about this place from a friend and was delighted to find out that they have vegan options where you can have tofu with pretty much any of the curries - so the options are vast.

I opted for the Garlic Chilli Tofu and the curry tasted DELICIOUS - the taste was truly authentic, full of flavour and a delight with every mouthful! I couldn’t tell it was Tofu - it tasted so good I thought I was eating Paneer!

I live with meat eaters so we also ordered a Chicken Karahi and I am told that it was one of the best chicken dishes from any restaurant tasted; which is a massive compliment to the chef. We also ordered three tandoori rotiyan and chilli chips - delicious condiments alongside our curries.

The portions were good sized, the taste was fantastic bearing in mind I drove 30 minutes back with a takeaway (quality remained) and the experience was a pleasure - the staff were fully COVID compliant and welcoming and warm.

Whether you’re vegetarian, vegan or a meat eater - try this place; you will NOT be disappointed.

I’m ordering again tonight

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank Dhami A
Reviewed 7 February 2021 via mobile

Today I worked 15 hours as a health care assistant and traveled 4 miles to the nearest Indian to return home looking forward to my meal to find my order was wrong, I don’t eat meat I only eat paneer. Staff are rude wanted me to drive 4 miles there 4 miles back just to return there mistake. Was very rude and not helpful, I was tired and just wanted to relax refused to help me out wouldn’t deliver another dish when it’s there mistake asked for a part refund he said no chance I’m not willing to do that!! He said he repeated my order back 3 times telling me I’ve ordered chicken! I wouldn’t have never asked for chicken as I don’t eat it! He just said to me what you want me to do about it so I said even a part refund! His responsed no chance and hung up!!! There happy to take your money and not resolve the issue very bad customer service.

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 6 February 2021

The butter chicken is great! Ask for this dish to be spicy and it tastes amazing! And the kebabs were spot on, full of flavour and with great spices! Chips are very mourish and is a great complement to any of the dishes!

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank 23trushalp
Reviewed 2 February 2021

Been coming to The tamarind for years and its always been the families favourite. Went to collect the order and I have to say the changes made to the restaurant was amazing, i was gob smacked. We can't wait to eat in when we can. From the new menu i tried the Chicken madras and Chicken noodles, wife had Lamb Jalfrezi and Chicken Shashlik with garlic naans bread and pilau rice, they were absolutely amazing. a top class meal, already looking forward to our next meal at The Tamarind, will defo try the mix grill sizzler as per restaurant recommendations.

Date of visit: January 2021