“Very poor”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 28 January 2018

What a disappointment our meal was tonight. I went here to celebrate a friend's birthday. We were a large group of 12 but it took from 2005 to 2130 to actually receive our main course. Yes, it is an evening out, but serving drinks and one poppadom each just should not take that long. I had a biryani and it it the most tasteless biryani I have ever had. It made those awful vesta packet curries I had all those years ago appear like a meal fit for a king. The Modern is way behind the competition and certainly will not be going back. The staff were friendly but there is something fundamentally wrong with this restaurant...... it is very poor.....

1  Thank Phil G

Reviewed 23 January 2018

I recently visited the Modern Indian Restaurant with my wife as a birthday treat. We had not been before, so we thought we would try it out. Although it was a Friday evening, we did not need to book, although I did give them a quick phone call to be on the safe side.
The restaurant is very tastefully decorated and furnished and is very clean. The staff were very friendly and provided a very proffessional service. We found the food very good and prices were average compared to other Indian restaurants in the area.
The only items we couldn’t get were prawn cocktails which we normally enjoy (yes I know it’s an Indian restaurant). I was also surprised that there was not any alcohol free beer available.Apart from that, the visit was well worth it and we will certainly eat there again.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

On recommendation we went on Christmas Eve for my birthday and from the minute we walked through the door the atmosphere was great. The food was outstanding, our compliments to the chef. The service from all the staff was superb, it our dishes were all served in a calm and friendly way.

Our ages ranged from 6 years old to 74 years old.

I would not hesitate to recommend this great Indian Restaurant.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Food was delicious (I had chicken Jal frezi) and staff were attentive. Also, my Aunty & Uncle dined there 2 weeks ago and overpaid £20 by accident. Last night, the owner came to our table and brought it to their attention, and he deducted £20 from the bill. ‘Honesty is the policy’ reigned true here.

1  Thank freddystark1986
Reviewed 18 October 2017

My husband and I and friends had a fantastic meal here last week. We all had different meals and we were all happy. So much so that we will be going back in a couple of weeks with some different friends. I'm certainly going to have the same fish curry and I bet my husband has the same as he had. My curry brought back wonderful fish curry memories of when we were in Goa.