“Amazing Food and Service - Highly Recommend”

Lady Rose's Edwardian Tea Room
Ranked #1 of 9 Dessert in Lincoln
Price range: US$3 - US$25
Description: A traditionally English, living history tearoom serving light meals, quality teas and coffee, homebaked cakes and scones all within a fully licensed Downton inspired setting. Full silver service, tea is poured for you by the household staff and therefore may not suit everyone, and in a warm, friendly and peaceful environment. Whilst we are fond of children the tearoom does not have the space to accommodate pushchairs, prams and mobility scooters therefore we have a NO CHILDREN UNDER SIX YEARS OLD policy.
Reviewed 29 June 2018

We've visited this fantastic place twice now, and both times the service and food have been superb. The first time we didn't book, the second time we did so we could try one of the different Afternoon Teas.

The first time I had the Truly Scrumptious Afternoon Tea which was amazing - sandwiches, crisps, cake, scone with cream and jam, shortbread, chocolates and lots and lots of tea.

The second time we booked so we could try the Gentleman's Afternoon Tea which is more savoury than sweet, although there was plenty of sweet there too! This consisted of sandwiches, huge pork pie, plum bread and cheese, shortbread, chocolate,cake and lots and lots of tea.

We've also tried the Welsh Rarebit and the Smoked Salmon and Scrambled Eggs. Everything has been delicious, and I'm looking forward to the next time I have time off with my partner so that we can try the My Fair Lady Afternoon Tea!

Reviewed 28 June 2018

We visited the tearooms for the first time yesterday. I had pre-booked the Fair Lady Afternoon Tea for two and was not disappointed, there was plenty to eat with unlimited tea and was very delicious.
Being slightly off the beaten track of the main high street just added to the ambience of this authentic tea room, it really was like we were just stepping back in time. Mr & Mrs Gearing were exceptional hosts very welcoming and friendly and we were not rushed like you are in some places.
It was best afternoon tea we have had in Lincoln (and we have tried a few!) and it will really take some beating.
Would highly recommend a visit here and we will be back for sure ( I would give it more than 5 stars if I could )

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

I visited here today with a friend. I was hoping it would love upto it's reviews as it was a birthday gift to my friend.

As soon as we walk we were acknowledged by Mrs Gearing and shown to our table and given a few minutes before a drinks order was taken. we went tfod the truly Scrumptious afternoon which consisted of sandwiches, a fruit scone, a slice of victoria sponge, shortbread, mini chocolates, a portion of crisps and unlimited tea or coffee.

Overall it was a lovely afternoon with friendly attentive staff.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

What a lovely place , fantastic hosts , great food and an authentic atmosphere, congratulations on capturing a little bit of Edwardian elegance, we cant wait to pay you another visit .

Reviewed 20 June 2018

My husband and I were treated for and afternoon tea. My husband had the gentleman's tea pork pie beef sandwiches, cheese and plum bread, and a slice of Coffee and walnut cake all homemade. I had the ladies tea mixed sandwiches scone with clotted cream and jam, a selection of cakes. Which was too much. We enjoyed the experience and would go back again. THe room was well decorated and clean.