6,829 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Such a beautiful building on the outside - a complete facade! I heard people complain to the manager as I checked in but thought nothing of it! Until I went into my room - the smell of stale cigar smoke, noise from the outside, broken furniture, no complimentary shampoo / biscuits, stains on the carpet and peeling wallpaper!

This Hotel makes Premiere Inn's look like 5 star hotels.

When I told friends in the locality where I was staying - they all laughed simultaneously. It's a pity that such a beautiful building has gone to waste.

On the upside, the staff are friendly, and the breakfast average. However, the expectation and reality are very opposite for such an expensive stay.

Beware!!!!

Room Tip: Avoid if possible
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank justbob888
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Parking is on rough ground at rear of hotel.fee is paid at reception for 24hours.a few weeks after my visit got a parking fine of £100 even though I had paid. When I rang their head office-I was asked if I had entered reg no. On terminal at reception! There is supposedly a large sign to this effect at reception.However staff taking parking fee do not point out terminal or sign.They spend so much time chatting to each other they do not have time for guest services. It might be cheap here but it is not good value overall

Stayed: September 2018
1  Thank Njthickett
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I spent a weekend here which was booked for me by a 3rd party, so I didn't know much about the place before arriving. Apparently this place was widely regarded as "the most luxurious hotel outside London" in it's day, and I can see that, but unfortunately that day was a long, long time ago.

The exterior of the building is beautiful, and the lobby area is out of this world (see photos). Or rather it used to be, these days everything feels worn and slightly grubby, and has been repaired and patched over and over again.

My room was quite spacious and had all the facilities (twin beds, wardrobe, kettle, hairdryer etc etc) and a fairly big en suite bathroom, but again everything felt worn out.
One of the desk drawers was broken, the bathroom door was cracked and had clearly been forced open at one stage. I had a real struggle getting the window to close properly.

None of this was a reflection on the cleaners by the way, the place looked clean, but there's only so much they can do with things that are broken.

The breakfast was passable - (bacon, eggs & black pudding were fine), but some bits were completely over cooked and inedible (mushrooms & sausages). I later read the stories about their food hygiene ratings and I believe them.

I've seen reviews saying the staff didn't care, but I actually found them all polite and helpful. and I feel for them having to work in these surrounding.

Really this place need a large amount of money spent on it to bring it into the 21st century. With its history and location I believe there is a fantastic hotel hiding underneath all the years of neglect. But at the minute it's not somewhere I'd recommend.

The likes of the Premier Inn, Travelodge or Ibis etc built 10 minutes walk away down by the Albert dock are much better condition for less cost.

Room Tip: Upper floors are quiet; 3rd floor is rumoured to be haunted if you believe that sort of thing.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Colin_F_1964
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed for one night only (thank goodness), arrived 4pm and had to wait 30 minutes to check in due to coach party. On entering the room I was nearly sick due to the smell of cigarettes. The window was covered in cigarette ends. I was moved to another room which had a clean bed but the room was generally filthy. I didn't eat at the hotel in case the kitchen is as filthy as the rest of the hotel. Do management ever leave thier offices to look at the standard of cleaning or is management blind because the hotel is always busy with senior citizens coach parties? People smoking outside the main entrance plus homeless people begging on the hotel stops is not a good advert for the hotel. Staff appear not to care less and this is a shame. The bar area is dirty and unwelcoming and not really somewhere you can relax. The car park is £12 for 24 hours and is not secure and only a piece of waste ground at the back of the hotel. There are now so many quality hotels in Liverpool I'd rather pay a little more for quality, I won't be staying here again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank StevePJ35
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here on a long weekend with a group of 12 women, nice hotel the rooms were nice and spacious. We didn’t use the spa because we were here on a hen weekend. The hotel is nice and close within walking distance of the night life. Would book in again

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends