“Anthony amazing”

Miller and Carter
Ranked #192 of 1,947 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Serving up its painstakingly sourced menu of succulent steak dishes, Miller & Carter is devoted to all things beef. Alongside delicious cuts from the grill, the diverse menu includes build-your-own burgers, market-fresh fish dishes and a range of tempting nibbles. Chilled draught beers, cooling cocktails and an extensive list of tipples are found behind the bar, or guests can choose from the well-stocked wine cellar.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had the most lovely time at Miller and Carter Albert dock. HUGE thank you to Anthony who made a huge difference to our dining experience. He is a treasure and you should do your best to retain his services. Thank you Anthony!

Date of visit: May 2021
General Manager A, Manager at Miller and Carter, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Sheilad928, thank you so much for your lovely review. We're glad you had such a great time and Anthony made the night so special for you! We can't wait to see you again soon!

Write a reviewReviews (2,628)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing!!
The best food I have eaten in a long time.
The food was so fresh, tasty, full of flavour, our steaks were cooked perfect to our request.
The staff were lovely and very attentive.
There wasn’t much waiting time between courses.

Would highly recommend

Date of visit: April 2021

Thanks Alisona739 for such a lovely review and 5 bubble recommendation.

Reviewed 30 December 2020 via mobile

We were so looking forward to Christmas dinner here but so disappointed. We had a table booked for 3 but didn't sit down until 3.30 pm, the starters didn't arrive until 4 pm and then the main meal, arrived at 4.30. We ordered turkey with all the trimmings and it was what we looked forward to most. We got 3 small roast potatoes (which were lovely though) the turkey and sprouts seemed to have been cooked in a way that suggested the cook wasn't a lover of turkey or sprouts. The turkey didn't have the rich taste it should have - it just tasted of salty bacon, the sprouts were hard and bitter. All courses were pre-ordered and paid for in full well in advance but there were quite a few mix ups along the way. As I said, we were so looking forward to this - this is the first time we'd not had a home cooked Christmas dinner but chose to eat out at a restaurant instead for a treat. It was expensive but we thought worth it judging by the lavish description. However, I think I might have had a better meal if I'd gone to any home in Liverpool. I think Miller & Carter should stick to what it's good at and that's not Christmas Dinners.

1  Thank Scouselady55
Reviewed 28 December 2020 via mobile

Went on Christmas Eve and had decided on the festive menu prior to the visit. Honestly, I've had better school dinners at Christmas. Temptingly described, the beef fat roasted potatoes were a throw back to 1960's English cuisine flavourless mushy lumps. The turkey slices were dry and the carrots/parsnips were limp, very soft with little flavour. I believe there was stuffing wrapped in bacon somewhere on the the plate but I couldn't distinguish it from the mess served up. All in all not a dish I would not order again. I prefer to think the quality has suffered by arrangements required to address Covid stop/start being inflicted and therefore some shortcutting has been necessary - on that basis I didn't think it appropriate to challenge the dish as presented. I did enjoy the salmon compote starter and the Christmas pudding desert.

Our table waiter, James, was friendly, very effecient and took care of us. Miller & Carter is a preffered restaurant and I shall return, but will definitely stick to the steak menu which is highly recommended. Cost for two including beers, cocktails and tip was £130.

Reviewed 23 December 2020 via mobile

Helen was the most amazing waitress I have ever had! food was lovely, but Helen made it ten times better nothing was too much trouble and she was the most genuine member of staff I have ever met. Thank you to miller and Carter and Helen especially.

Date of visit: December 2020
General Manager A, Manager at Miller and Carter, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2020

Hi Lauren, thank you very much for the review! We will pass on your comments to Helen, who will be delighted to hear! Hope to see you again soon.