“Very Good”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We are always pleased to see a sign saying Cafe Rouge and I am delighted to say this one is very good. We had excellent service a lovely meal and totally enjoyed our visit.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

My niece travelled from York and we called in here but wish we hadn't. The glass of wine I had was very pleasant but the portion sizes of the food very poor. My chicken dish had been heated by micro wave. The steak was cooked fine but looked paltry compared with other eateries close to this location. The ladies toilets were dirty so all in all very poor value.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I have been to Cafe Rouges all over the country - including both of the ones in Liverpool, and without exception this one contains some of the best serving staff. The food is consistently good, and the prices are reasonable. Of a day this restaurant is part of the Met Quarter, where it gets the trade from there, but of an evening it's a much quieter affair and there is never any problems with getting tables. Myself and my husband are regular customers here, often coming once per fortnight, since the food is consistent and the staff never fail to be friendly and helpful.

Cannot recommend more for a pleasant evening meal.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Always enjoy the food when I come here burgers are amazing and staff are always lovely! Olives are really tasty too

Reviewed 16 April 2014

There were 6 of us at the table. A couple of us had starters and they were ok BUT once the main meal arrived three of us were dissatisfied. Two had chicken and chips, the chicken was so dry that it was hard to swallow. (This couple had to catch a train straight after the main course so left quickly and did not have the time to complain.) I had a steak and it was so tough that I complained and was offered another steak which I most certainly did not want. At the end of the meal my husband complained again and was told we could have changed the meal to something else - we had not been told that when first complaining and it was then too late to do anything . Still dissatisfied we asked for the Manager who agreed to credit the steak. Service was very quick, presumably so they could get us out and use the table again. We will not go to Cafe Rouge again.