“Great service, decent food”
Review of Cafe Rouge

Cafe Rouge
Ranked #864 of 1,828 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 May 2015

We had breakfast here in February, service was great, decor was interesting, food was kind of a let down.

Reviewed 23 March 2015

Scorching hot evening it was nice to have the frontage of the restaurant open, but the food we ordered was hugely expensive for what it was. My husband had caesar salad which consisted of a bowl of lettuce a few pieces of chicken, some croutons and dressing cost £12.00. Definitely not £12.00 worth!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We are always pleased to see a sign saying Cafe Rouge and I am delighted to say this one is very good. We had excellent service a lovely meal and totally enjoyed our visit.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

My niece travelled from York and we called in here but wish we hadn't. The glass of wine I had was very pleasant but the portion sizes of the food very poor. My chicken dish had been heated by micro wave. The steak was cooked fine but looked paltry compared with other eateries close to this location. The ladies toilets were dirty so all in all very poor value.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I have been to Cafe Rouges all over the country - including both of the ones in Liverpool, and without exception this one contains some of the best serving staff. The food is consistently good, and the prices are reasonable. Of a day this restaurant is part of the Met Quarter, where it gets the trade from there, but of an evening it's a much quieter affair and there is never any problems with getting tables. Myself and my husband are regular customers here, often coming once per fortnight, since the food is consistent and the staff never fail to be friendly and helpful.

Cannot recommend more for a pleasant evening meal.