“Good evening ”

The Monro Gastropub
Reserve with OpenTable
The Monro Gastropub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #305 of 1,814 Restaurants in Liverpool
Price range: US$11 - US$43
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Gastropub
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Went on a Thursday evening were we found the place to be busy but not too busy.
The service was excellent despite the waitress working on her own. We weren't kept waiting for anything Aelish certainly looked after us.
The food was lovely as usual. We both had the black pudding and egg to start. My partner had the steak and I opted for Fish and Chips. The portions were just right and quality of the food was excellent.
My only grumble was last orders was 10pm despite there being a number of customers still in the pub. So felt our evening was well and truely cut short.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,212)

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

For once we went out on a Thursday and I was surprised it was quite busy. We ordered our food and being quite predictable I had the fish and my partner had the steak yet again. The food was lovely and excellent service from a young lady who has only recently started working there Arelish.
This poor lady was run off her feet and yet nothing was too much for her.
Well Done Will for employing such good staff.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

We hadn`t eaten at the Munro for a while but, as we had always had a good meal there and it has always had a warm and welcoming atmosphere, we chose there for dinner with friends who were visiting Liverpool. When my wife booked , the young lady said we would have a table in the window, so we were surprised ( and disappointed) to see both window tables occupied. It was about 40 minutes before our table was booked as we intended to have a cocktail ( or 2!) before eating. It was a Wednesday evening and it was not particularly busy so we were surprised that others had been allocated these tables. However, we all enjoyed our cocktails and did manage to have a table in the window.9 The other occupants must not have had a dessert !) The food was delicious and very reasonably priced, as was the wine, and the service was very good. The only thing that disappointed us was that the evening ended too quickly. By 10.15 -10.30pm the place was empty except for us and, although we were told we need not rush, we felt we could not ask for an after dinner drink. A lovely evening had started badly and ended too quickly but we will certainly eat there again , perhaps of a weekend when it will be busier.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

The Monro private dining room is the perfect place for a celebration. It has a classic, stylish elegance and we added some table balloons to top off the celebratory atmosphere. The Sunday roast was delicious and served quickly to 17 guests with no-one left waiting. I cannot praise the kitchen and front of house staff highly enough, they were professional, friendly, attentive and very helpful.
We were celebrating 4 family birthdays plus an engagement and I can definitely say we had a party to remember ! :)

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Came here on a recommendation with friends
Got to say it was a great find. Effectively a gastro pub which does a reasonably priced two course menu for lunch at £11.95
Had looked at website which suggested they did a Monday Club deal at £19.99 per person including a bottle of wine per person, however when I enquirer about this was told they no longer do this offer despite it still being on their website
We opted for the two course special and their was lots of options to choose from. I had the spicy Malaysian chicken, one of the party had salad with king prawns and the other salmon
For mains I was boring and had fish and chips (really nice crispy and full of fish) others had the chicken and sausage and mash, all beautifully presented, hot and tasty.
We had a carafe of South African red £13.99 and a couple of halves lager and 4 pints of IPA
Total bill £88.50
Service was excellent, no queuing at the bar which is great when your having a catch up with friends
Got to say toilets absolutely spotless as well
Really great afternoon and will return soon
Would definitely book at table at weekends as we understand it gets really busy