“Great Lunch!!!”

The Monro Gastropub
Reserve with OpenTable
The Monro Gastropub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #304 of 1,832 Restaurants in Liverpool
Price range: US$11 - US$44
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Dined here many times and never disappointed, great food and friendly staff. We called in for lunch and had the chilli chicken for starters, and fish, chips and mushy peas for main, the starter was delicious and the main was amazing, the fish was enormous and totally filled the plate, everything was cooked beautifully. Great grub in a lovely enviroment. Highly recommended.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,234)

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Always top of my list when comes to eating out in Liverpool we visited yesterday for Sunday lunch having reserved our table on line which is the best way to do it. As expected they were very busy which meant we didn't get a table in our favourite area. However the food as always was exceptional. The salmon and fish cake starter was so good. I chose to have the leg of lamb roast for main course. Wow! So good. So much food. In fact I had no room for dessert. The only downside to yesterday's experience was that the restaurant appeared to be short staffed as we had so wait longer than usual for our food. That said it was another great experience. See you soon!

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Was not happy with my meal,my starter was feta,melon salad,could just about see the melon and feta,there was no dressing really disappointed,the roast dinner arrived cold the meat was very grissly which was hidden under the veg,then asked for a coffee again came to the table luke warm,my daughter ordered the cheesecake again disappointed all in all not a good experience.

1  Thank Marie J
Reviewed 20 August 2017

Arrived to find that the booking system had gone awry and that they couldn't seat us in the restaurant so we were popped into a tiny table at the bar. The service was more like self service - we ordered some drinks at the same time as our food, the starter turned up in minutes but after ten minutes we were still chasing down our drinks. We then needed to chase down wine glasses. And cutlery. The food itself was good for pub grub, but nothing spectacular as we had been expecting from reviews. Perhaps a bit of a bad day??

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

I have eaten Sunday roast here over the years a few times and always had a great experience. For a change, I booked mid-week for a meal with friends and oh my goodness, we weren't disappointed. The staff are so very lovely, helpful and friendly, which is always a good start! For starters, we had the Korean sticky chicken: it was heavenly. So tasty and an incredible, exciting selection of flavours in the marinade. My friend had the scotch eggs, which were also delicious. The highlight was the main course: roast lamb, cooked to perfection and melt-in-the-mouth. It was full of flavour and so tasty and rich. The accompaniments on the plate were all utterly delicious too: who would have thought you could do something to black olives to make them taste even better than normal?!!! Roasted peppers, divine potato croquettes (these were the best I've ever tasted-the chef is clearly magic!!!!) and a divine Jus to finish off too. I couldn't have returned a cleaner plate to the waitress (and if I could have licked it clean I would have!). My friend had the burger and this was so tasty too; the combination of flavours in the meat were fabulous. We had a delightful bottle of Pinot Grigio too and a flavoursome Malbec to add to perfection.

Top marks The Monro, we will be returning!