“Pre lockdown visit. ”

Ranked #108 of 254 Quick Bites in Liverpool
Neighbourhood: Central Liverpool
Neighbourhood: Central Liverpool
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Before the 3rd national lockdown descended my twin brother Stephen and I decided to jump the train down to Liverpool City Centre from Kirkby to visit some of the great pubs our city is justifiably famous for, while walking down Castle Street we dropped into Caffe Nero and what a great start to our day out.
A lovely interior, wonderful decor and furnishings, the main room is dominated by a glass fronted serving bar and despite its relatively small size there's plenty of seating options spread throughout this cafe ,one of the most distinctive features of this cafe are the wonderful and ornately carved doors and all housed in the magnificent former Adelphi Bank Building, its just a great cafe to chill out in.
We were here on a Wednesday morning, greeted warmly by a very pleasant member of the staff, we gave our details of name and phone number to assist with the governments track and trace system on our N.H.S covid app on our phones, my brother ordered a coca cola while I opted for a flat white coffee, order was ready in no time at all, we payed contactless and just kicked back, chilled out and planned out the day ahead.
My coffee was really good, I enjoy the coffee served in Caffe Nero, from the first sip till the last sup you can tell they use quality ingredients in their coffee and take great pride in the coffee they serve.
We really enjoyed our time in this Caffe Nero, had a great time before we moved on and until the end of this current lockdown ends mid February probably March look forward to going again.
This Caffe Nero is easy to locate along Castle Street, most definitely well worth seeking out if you're in the area.

Date of visit: January 2021
1  Thank 293neilk
Write a reviewReviews (43)

Reviewed 7 December 2020 via mobile

Caffè Nero is a chain of Italian style coffee shops that offer a superb range of coffee's and a menu of Italian style light dishes and speciality blended drinks.Caffè Nero which in Italian means Black Coffee is located on Castle street and is housed in an excellent building which has bags of character.
The interior of this coffee-shop is fantastic with a coffee-shop look and feel with great seating options throughout its interior and limited outside seating.We visited here on a day out around the city centre and as we have never been in here decided to have a few cups of coffee.
On entry we used our NHS track and trace app and ordered a Coca Cola Light with ice which where refreshing and well priced for this area of the city centre.This is a superb Caffè Nero and is in a great area of the city centre were there are many pubs and bars and restaurants and is well worth going to for a light meal or a beverage and I for one will visit again on my next trip to Liverpool city centre.Very easy to locate from James street train station walk onto James Street then turn onto Castle street a minute or so walk.(This is my review of Caffè Nero).
Opening Hours.
Monday-Friday-07.30-17.00.
Saturday-08.00-17.00.
Sunday-09.00-17.00.
Hours May Differ From Above.
Nearest Train Station.
James street train station.
Nearest Bus Stop.
James street train station bus stop.

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank StephenKelly88
Reviewed 5 March 2020

When the wait was over and the food menu was finally revealed, I must admit to feeling a bit short-changed. My favourite small plates from the old place are nowhere to be seen, having been replaced by a selection of gourmet burgers, hotdogs and fried chicken. Bacaro have brought their legendary stone-baked pizzas to the table and there’s a ‘Lanes’ menu with sharing trays loaded with waffle fries, onion chips, nachos and dough balls. I might not find myself rekindling an old flame here, but the new venture is still pretty cool in its own way.

Date of visit: February 2020
Reviewed 3 March 2020

Everything as per a tupica Nero - Member of staff who served me was excellent and tried to upsell my order which I always find impressive. All that was good BUT the staiway down the toilets and the toilets were not good. Looked as though they hadnt been cleaned for a long time and the toilets themselves were not good. Needs attention.

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed 7 January 2020 via mobile

Lunchtime visit. Spent a very pleasurable lunchtime having great coffee served promptly and efficiently. However the visit Was marred by the appalling state of the toilets.
Very very disappointing given our pleasurable coffee beverage.
Please sort this out not very nice

Date of visit: January 2020