“Disappointed”

Get food delivered
Ranked #118 of 1,989 Restaurants in Liverpool
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Reviewed 13 June 2021

We visited here on 10th June, whilst staying in liverpool for a few days.
This was recommended to us.
I pre booked and upon arrival it was very busy, but only had to wait a few minutes for a table.
Staff were all very lovely and attentive.
We perused the menu which is quite extensive, and made our choices.
It did take some time for our food to be brought out, but it’s cooked fresh (I assume) and it was busy, so we didn’t mind at all.
I ordered the one eyed moose (toast with scrambled eggs) and a side of back bacon. My daughter had the eggs benedict which included the home made potato hash.
Now this place isn’t cheap, it was around £8 for my meal which I don’t mind at all, when you believe it to be superior. But it was literally 2 pieces of bread, with a dollop of scrambled eggs (it said our creamy eggs) but they were dry. The bacon was burnt and dry, to the point where it was sharp and it just broke up into pieces when you tried to chew it. It was so bad that I actually gave it to a dog that was in there with its owners.
The side of bacon was almost £3 for 3 rashers, and it was inedible.
My daughter enjoyed hers but it came with hardly any hollandaise sauce, and the potato hash was very greasy.
All in all, it cost £22 for one eggs benedict, scrambled eggs and toast (I assumed that they would make their own bread or have bloomer etc, but it was literally shop bought loaf) inedible bacon, one coffee and a glass of tap water.
After such good reviews we were hugely disappointed and wouldn’t eat here again, which is a shame.

Date of visit: June 2021
1  Thank LOLZ34
Write a reviewReviews (424)

Reviewed 3 June 2021

Me & my friend visited Moose for our birthday brunch, we had a lovely time and we’re really looked after by the staff including a free birthday drink each which was lovely. Food was incredible as always! Great visit

Reviewed 29 May 2021 via mobile

A perfect breakfast feast superbly cooked and presented, I truly believe the world would be a better place if you ate breakfasts like this every morning. If you are in Liverpool you will be foolish not to eat at this establishment as Moose are setting the standards others strive to achieve.

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 22 May 2021

Great service by India! Great food and atmosphere, loved the bronx breakfast and we will definitely be visiting again when in the area

Reviewed 21 May 2021 via mobile

I’m sorry to say that although the staff were very friendly and helpful my coffee fell short ! I paid £3 for an Americano bu the cup was less than thre quarters full ...I could have gone to Greggs but I try to support the independent places. Very disappointing....sorry to say I won’t be going there again .