“Back to normal. ”

Reserve a table
Mon, 14/06
20:00
Ranked #74 of 251 Quick Bites in Liverpool
Description: A friendly venue found in Liverpool, with an excellent range of ales, lagers and ciders served alongside quality pub classics, pizza and tapas. With excellent sports coverage, The Crafty Chandler is the perfect place to catch the game.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

It's testament to the hard work and endeavours of the bar team that work in The Crafty Chandler Pub that when my twin brother Stephen and I visited here when some more of the coronavirus lockdown restrictions were lifted for the hard hit hospitality sector that our visit on the 18th of May felt normal ,which is high praise indeed when you consider the abnormal last 14 months we've endured .
I work in the NHS, have done for 30 years as a porter so have seen 1st hand the magnificent success of the vaccines so it's great to see our country springing back to life , the 17th of May saw inside and outside service allowed for pubs,bars and restaurants, with this in mind my twin and I took a week off work to enjoy the great pubs our city is justifiably famous for, The Crafty Chandler Pub was at the top of our list of pubs to visit.
I love the look of this pub ,the interior is superb, a cool looking serving bar dominates the main room tv's and big screens to enjoy the sport, lovely decorative features abound throughout this pub and there's plenty of seating options spread throughout The Crafty Chandler Pub both inside and outside looking out onto the busy and bustling Concert Square and Bold Street, its a pub you can certainly chill out in and this is down to the staff who in my opinion make you feel welcome in this pub ,been in some pubs were the customer is made to feel like a nuisance but not here , friendly staff create a wonderful atmosphere, food and beverages are top notch,its just a warm and welcoming pub.
We were here on a beautiful Spring afternoon, greeted with a smile by a very pleasant member of the bar team, we track and traced on our N.H.S covid app on our phones and we were allocated a table, we ordered a pale ale each and payed contactless, pale ale's arrived quickly which was great service as this pub was busy and the pale ale's were superb ,a crisp, well balanced pale ale, a big hit of hops, hints of caramel, a classic British pale ale, absolutely delicious, it was just so good being in such a lovely pub enjoying a quality brew and to be honest socialising again albeit socially distanced.
On this visit I cannot really comment on the meals as we were here only for beers but I must say that the meals served here are delicious, proper pub grub ,tasty and filling.
We really enjoyed our beers in here and the great vibe so much so that we ended up staying for another pale ale each before we moved on and as on every other visit to The Crafty Chandler Pub we had a great time.
The Crafty Chandler Pub is easy to locate along Bold Street, a street and area teeming with pubs, bars and restaurants.
Opening hours are;
Monday to Thursday, Open from 11.30am.
Friday & Saturday, Open from 11am.
Sunday, Open from 11.30am.
A wonderful pub , a pub I highly recommend you check out if you're in the area.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (212)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The Crafty Chandler Is a fantastic pub that offers a great food and drinks menu and is situated in a great area of the city centre.A former Yate's wine lodge that shut in 2014 and then it re-opened in 2015 as the Crafty Chandler.
Housed in a former bank'this fantastic pub has a superb interior with many interesting fixtures and features and excellent seating options.There is I think an upstairs area to this pub but I have never been in that area so I cannot comment on what it looks like up there.
When we visited we were only going in for a few drinks and once we gave our details for the track and trace we sat in one of the booths facing the bar.When here we had a few glasses of Love Lane brewery Pale ale an excellent craft beer which was perfectly served and price wise what I would expect to pay in a pub of this quality.
The Crafty Chandler Is a superb pub and a very popular pub as there is always a nice atmosphere in here'the staff are polite and helpful and is a great pub to have a couple of drinks or a meal while in this area of the city centre.Very easy to get to from Central train station look for the Bold street exit in the station take a left on Bold street and it is a few minutes walk.(This is my second review of the Crafty Chandler).
Opening Hours.
Monday-Thursday-12.00-22.00.
Friday-Saturday-12.00-23.00.
Sunday-12.00-22.00.
Hours May Differ From Above Due To The Covid 19 Restrictions.
Nearest Bus Stop.
College Lane bus stop.
Nearest Train Station.
Central train station.

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 18 March 2021 via mobile

Prime Minister Boris laid out the roadmap out of the pandemic with pubs being allowed to reopen with outside service only on the 12th of April, from the 17th of May inside and outside service allowed and by June 21st more or less back to normality so it will be great to visit some of the great pubs our city is justifiably famous for, one of my favourites is The Crafty Chandler Pub.
A wonderful pub, great for a tasty meal,superb real ale's and craft beers and tv's and big screens to enjoy the sport, its a super pub were the staff are genuinely pleased to see you in their pub .
Our last visit to here was great ,fish & chips, craft beers in a covid safe environment, the 3rd national lockdown then descended but with the great success of the vaccines and over 24 million people having had the jab the future looks good ,with the outside seating options available to this pub I hope it opens on the 12th of April, if it does I will most definitely be heading to here on that day,The Crafty Chandler Pub is easy to locate along Bold Street looking out onto Concert Square.
Most definitely well worth checking out if you're in the area and when the 3rd and final lockdown is lifted.

Date of visit: March 2021
John D, General Manager at Crafty Chandler, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2021

293neilk, thank you so much for the positive review!
Your kind words about our Pub are very much appreciated by myself and the Team, you've certainly cheered me up during these troubling times.
I would like to be able to give you positive news regarding the re-opening of the outside areas on April 12th, unfortunately our re-opening will be delayed until 17th May.
Please make sure that you pencil in a visit to the Crafty from then.
Upon visiting can you please make yourself known to myself or a member of management so I can thank you personally for taking the time to write such a constructive review.

Thank you again! John GM

Reviewed 9 February 2021 via mobile

Before the 3rd national lockdown descended my twin brother Stephen and I jumped the train down from Kirkby to Liverpool City Centre to enjoy some of the great pubs, bars and restaurants our city is justifiably famous for, we headed to Concert Square and dropped into The Crafty Chandler Pub and what a great time we had.
I really enjoy the look of this pub,a wonderful interior, lovely decor and furnishings, tv's to enjoy the sport and plenty of seating options spread throughout this pub, cosy sums it up best.
We were here on a Wednesday afternoon, greeted with a smile by a very pleasant member of the staff, we gave our details of name and phone number to assist with the governments track and trace system on our N.H.S covid app, we sanitised our hands and we were allocated a table, we ordered a beef burger, chips and a beer each and just kicked back, chilled out and planned out the day ahead while sipping our beers.
Burgers were super, a big,thick juicy burger, a very generous topping served between two fresh tasty buns, chips were thick cut and delicious and coupled with our iced cold beers made for a great dining experience in a cool pub.
We really enjoyed our burger meals and beers in here and the great vibe so much so that we ended up staying for another couple of beers before we moved on and as on every other visit to here we had a great time.
A great pub and when the 3rd national lockdown is lifted a pub I eagerly look forward to visiting again.

Date of visit: February 2021
Digital S, General Manager at Crafty Chandler, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2021

Thank you very much for taking your time to give us your feedback, it is lovely to read how much you enjoyed visiting us. We hope it will be safe to reopen our doors soon for you to visit.

Reviewed 29 December 2020 via mobile

I called in as I was passing to explain to the manager that myself and farther had had a horrible fish and chips meal just before the second lock down. Plus the staff was so abrupt when I did complain at the end of the meal they did not care. I put this in a review. Their head office got back to me leaving me a phone number to contact them which I did they said call into the pub after the lockdown had finished. Which I did as I was passing on the 27 Dec. The manager could not have been less interested he said sorry that’s as good as it gets that the chef could not make a decent fish and chips and his staff needs some form of training with regards to customer awareness. If I ran my company with the same attitude as this pub I would have gone bust a long time ago. What I did do the five of us went to the pub called o’reilyies a bit further up the road. They could not do enough for us the staff was brilliant and the meal was excellent. The staff including the manager needs to go and pay that pub a visit and learn how to treat customers the way they should be. It is such a pity as it use to be a very nice pub but has gone down hill.

Date of visit: December 2020