“Average sushi at best”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 July 2017

The 'Japanese style' seating seemed rather trashy in my opinion and there were kids' toys on the ledge as decoration of some sort making it seem rather messy. The waitress was friendly and no issues with staff. However, the sushi was not quite up to standard and the fish did not taste that fresh. One dish I would recommend is the eel sushi which was quite tasty. Also found it strange we were not offered a teapot with refills with our tea.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

They are sweet people but the decor is terrible and I couldn't wait to get out. The owners must be hoarders for the a pile of junk just sitting next to the entrance. The furniture is a mish mash of dark medieval looking furniture that wouldn't look out of place in Henry VIII's dining room, soulless 80s canteen style tables and chairs and traditional Japanese sunken tables. The light wouldn't look out of place in one of those horror movies where the action takes place in a psychiatric hospital. Should I say more? We ordered a platter of fresh sushi and among the variety of unusual fish (I honestly can't remember what they were) we were served tilapia. I never, ever had tilapia sushi at a Japanese restaurant. Ever.

1  Thank k747
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

We had the duck bento box, salmon don buri, salmon sashimi and salmon rolls. Everything was absolutely delicious. The only issue was the slow service and the resturant wasn't even busy.

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Walked past this many times and finally went in
Pleasant surprise
Fresh and tasty food
Despite it being mid week lots of people who seemed very satisfied
Reasonably priced
Very extensive menu

1  Thank oliviajenkins13
Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

I took my 2 children for dinner here tonight. We arrived at 7pm. We each ordered 1 dish and 1 round of soft drinks, our food arrived at 8.20pm.

My son's chicken was dry and flavourless. Mine and my daughter's duck bento box were lovely and tasted great.

Our 1st green tea was pure hot water. Our second served and made fresh by the young lady working there was lovely.

So very disappointed, especially because the people who came in after us ordered their food, ate it and paid and left before we even got our food.

We will not return.