“Very nice Japanese restaurant with amazing sushi”
Review of So Restaurant

So Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
So Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,053 of 24,825 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$0 - US$72
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Soho
Description: Modern in its minimalist use of dark wood, clean lines and bare-as-a-baba���s-wotsit walls, Soho���s So looks every bit the contemporary Japanese restaurant. The airy ground floor bar, dining area and shop-of-sorts (Japanese crockery sits prettily in numerous display cabinets) leads down to a main dining room. The furniture there is still wooden but stained almost black. The cooking is consistently very good ��� creative without being fussy, and much of it using organic ingredients. Menu in hand, make a visual beeline for the tempura selections (gorgeous), and then Grilled list. These knockout dishes ��� most notably the Wagyu rump, and Iberico pork ��� are cooked in the open kitchen over a rather special yogan-yaki grill resulting in an unique flavour. Friendly staff will knowledgeably suggest dishes and drinks.
Reviewed 19 February 2018

We visited this restaurant for dinner on a Friday night and we enjoyed our dinner, although the ambience of the place is more suitable for lunch meals rather than a night out.
We tried a lot of different dishes and everything tasted excellent and fresh! We had the smoked duck and the scallop salad, plus a miso soup, for starters, and then we tried the various nigiri and sushi. We had 4 nigiri sushi (Prawn, sea bass, scallop and yellowtail), 2 roll sushi (prawn and creamy roll) and a salmon platter. The above was more than enough for 2 people, the portions are generous and we were definitely full at the end of our meal. All of the above cost 80 pounds, which seemed quite reasonable if you consider the location (in the centre of London) and the fact that Japanese restaurants are very expensive in general.
The service was excellent and I would definitely come back but for lunch this time. The place is very busy and reservation is recommended.

Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

Service was excellent & price was reasonable with location in mind. Sushi was good, better than Zuma. Udon not as good as Koya.

I would return.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

I enjoyed the food most of the times I visited this restaurant, but the standard is not always consistent.
Last night the Octopus I had as a starter was hard and pretty tasteless. Sashimi also was disappointing as I was expecting succulent raw prawns but they were cocked and tasteless again. They should have worn me when ordering sashimi that the prawns were not raw.

Fatty tuna and scallop sashimi were very good though so were seaweed salad and miso aubergine. My friend had frilled eel which he found very pleasant. For the first time I had a dessert there and I liked the tofu cheesecake with matcha ice cream as I am not keen on too sweet desserts.

The staff is polite and helpful.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

We enjoyed our meal at So very much, we tried a lot of different dishes, and the taste is excellent!

All ingredients are well sourced, no expenses spared on the quality here.

Pity its so small and hard to come across!
Oh well then at least its our little 'secret'!

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

This restaurant locates near to Piccadilly Circus station and is a really nice Japanese restaurant. We ordered a few dishes shown in pictures which are tasted quite nice, especially the pork and sushi.

1  Thank 196yinyinc