US$350
US$255
US$192
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Jesmond Dene Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$85
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$127
US$109
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
US$392
US$318
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Like other reviewers, I’m usually quite a fan of the Ibis Styles concept. I’ve been waiting to try this newly opened addition to the brand’s portfolio in London which I understand was badly delayed following a fire during construction.

Let’s start with the plus points:

• it’s in a good location about 5-10 minutes’ walk from Ealing Broadway tube, and all the shopping and restaurants in the area. There are also are bus stops right outside.
• the hotel has a quirky movie theme reflecting the area’s comedy film heritage (hence the title of my review)
• the staff and management I spoke to were courteous and professional in the extreme, and dealt admirably with a number of problems I experienced.

So now to the downsides:

• for a supposedly brand-new hotel, housekeeping standards were shockingly poor. The automatic revolving door was smeary and so were the lift interiors. In the first room I was assigned to, the bed looked as if it had been slept in, the toilet seat was up and the ubiquitous toilet-paper arrow was missing, suggesting the bathroom had been used and not ‘refreshed’. The tap and sink basin were dirty with evidence of suds and residue thereon. My second room was probably even more off-putting, with a dirty hospitality tray, another bed that looked as if the duvet had just been pulled back into place rather than changed and horror of horrors, a used earbud, hairs and toenail clippings on the bathroom floor. My third room was cleaner but still far from sparkling and that had been personally vetted for me by a manager.
• the rooms themselves are darkly decorated and very poorly lit. There is insufficient light to make them anything other than dim and,for me at least, dismal.
• one of the joys of Ibis Styles in France is the usually excellent inclusive breakfast. Not here I’m afraid. Whilst clean and well presented, the food quality seemed poor and some French specialties (croissants and viennoiseries) were very poorly baked and most unappetising. When I pointed this out to what I think was a French staff member on duty, she agreed and told me they were not as they should be. So why present them to guests in the first place?

I had planned to stay for two nights but decided one was more than enough for me. The manager I had spoken to the night prior could not have been more apologetic and told me I would not be charged for my stay, which is more than I had expected him to offer, so all due credit for that. But apologies for things like poor housekeeping and poor food quality / presentation should not have to be made in the first place if standards are high and well-enforced.

To use some movie-puns to some up, this hotel requires a little more ‘lights (in the rooms), camera (observation of adherence to standards from its management) and action (to improve)’ from its director. For the moment, I’d have to say this one should be ‘cut’ from your list of you’re visiting Ealing. In my opinion, there are many better budget alternatives nearby, who give star performances for a similar price.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
4  Thank John F
DominicSauls, General Manager at Ibis Styles London Ealing, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear John F,

Firstly please accept my humblest apologises for the comedy of errors experienced in my hotel recently.

Although I am glad that you appreciated the efforts and apologies from the team and my Assistant, I would have anticipated a more proactive approach to ensure that in the very least the 2nd room you were provided was of the quality and standard befitting a brand new hotel of an established brand. The quality of the breakfast was inexcusable and the response befuddling. Indeed we all hold our heads in embarrassment, however would like to affirm in the same breath that immediate action has been taken to rectify all the issues raised to provide for a service that we can all pride ourselves on.

Should you give us the opportunity to welcome you back, may I please ask that you contact me directly on H9475-GM@ACCOR.com, so that you may experience first hand the differences your feedback has helped instigate.

Kindest regards, Dominic

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I'm an Ibis fan, to be hones, more in France than in the UK. Apparently the hotel opened very recently (this is only the 4th review and the 3 previous ones are all 5 stars so most probably all staff & friends)

Ibis designers, what's the thing with hotels without a proper reception desk? We had the same thing last year in London in another Ibis. I know, you have to think outside the box and reception desks are boring, but it works!

Next: the movie theme design. I is 2018, not 1990.

Next: we're ordering drinks at the bar.
Us: can you charge this to our room?
Barman: no I can't
Us: this is a hotel and we are in the hotel bar, can you charge it to the room.
Barman: No I can't, if you want to speak to the manager?
us: [sigh], [pay]

Next: breakfast. continental but ok, only the staff cannot krap up with supplying the buffet and cleaning tables.

There is no parking, which is not a disaster as their is parking nearby, but there is also no (luggage) drop off zone unlike the Premier Inn 100m down the road.

Clean rooms, slept well. a bit pricey at 151 GBP for 1 night.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lievenhx

Dear Lievenh,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. I have to admit I was very disappointed to read if your experiences, Please accept my humblest apologies.

Please note it is 100% against our company policy to post reviews for our hotels and the team have been working very hard to create a great experience for all our guests, I just sorry we have let you down. I have noted your feedback regarding the bar service and the breakfast and can confirm measures are in place to provide for a more friendlier, proactive service. I will be sharing your comments about the design with HO, however would like to highlight that in general the feedback has been rather positive. I would also like to highlight that we do have 19 car park spaces which is operated on a first come, first served basis for as little as £12 overnight.

I do sincerely hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back on your next trip to London.

Kindest regards,

Dominic

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I just checked in a few minutes ago. The place is very cool and stylish. My room is fantastic. And the location is convenient for me. But the thing that stood out to me was Marissa at the "front desk"! She was absolutely fantastic to work with and you can see that she enjoys what she does. I had a good time just by checking in!! I am liking it already

Stayed: June 2018

Dear Jacob G,

Wow! A 5 star review even before you have experienced the rest of the hotel and it's services. Indeed Marissa is a shining example of the team and services our guests can come to expect from the Ibis Styles London Ealing.

I will of course be sharing your feedback with Marissa and all of the team to continue to motivate them to deliver a consistently good service.

Thank you once again for your feedback, the team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon again. Dominic

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Really handy hotel stayed for a concert at Wembley décor is done on a movie theme really clean and lovley would stay again price was great. rooms quite, with coffee and tea making facility, air con, little bar down stairs which also did pizza's and a free continental breckie.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear wbpltd,

Thank you very much taking the time to review the hotel and rating us with 5 stars!

Since opening on the 11th June the team have been working tirelessly to provide a great guest experience and I am very happy to see this reflected in your review.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Kindest regards,