“Just gorgeous!”

Ranked #1,900 of 24,659 Restaurants in London
Neighbourhood: Shoreditch
Neighbourhood: Shoreditch
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Visited for dinner with friends last night and absolutely cannot say anything negative at all. Great food - the cote de boeuf was stunning. The Cauliflower and veggie side orders - stunning. Beautiful food, prepared with love and care by a super team. Thanks for a memorable evening - please may I have the recipe for the chocolate mousse?! Please? Pretty please......

1  Thank HRHII

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

I stumbled upon Petit Pois (means small "p" in French) on a chilly London day. It was the decor that drew me in. It looked warm and cozy inside.

Unlike busier venues on Hoxston Square it is a quiet intimate atmosphere where you can enjoy your conversation and your food.

I began with a Morton Spritz, an aperitif they named after the man who created a pharmacy school on Hoxton Square in the 19th century. It combined the botanicals of Kamm & Sons with orange juice, lemon juice and some other mysterious ingredients with an orange rind floating on top. The cocktail was perfect to pique my appetite and had a really long finish to it.

I ordered the Butternut Soup to begin, which I did not regret. The chef added a few drops of mint oil which floated on top. In addition to pleasing the the eye and palatte, it took off the London chill, making me feel more comfortable.

For my entree, James, the manager, recommended the day's special, which was pork cheek. (Being on the keto diet, I was delighted.) The pork cheek was served perfectly crispy with rhubarb sauce, which made an excellent contrast, both in temperature and flavor.

One thing that pleased me about Petit Pois was the fact that I could see the chef from the dining area. The entire experience was not unlike having a private chef and waiter.

If you are looking for a highly personalized dining experience, have your driver take you to Petit Pois on Hoxston Square. You shall not regret it.

1  Thank Kenneth G
Reviewed 15 March 2018

So far as I could see just the chef and waiter; seating for about 20 inside. Popular so book. About 10 or so small plates - starters or several instead of a main - and three (one meat, one fish, one veggie) mains. Good choice of wines, glass, bottle or carafe. Interesting selection of cheeses too.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Good food, we had chateaubriand. It was a bit cold when it arrived but it was a bitterly cold night and I think it caught them by surprise how cold the restaurant would be. It was cooked well and we enjoyed it. The desserts were excellent. Atmosphere lovely and decor cosy and unpretentious. It was one of the more expensive meals we had in London but we enjoyed it and felt like the quality of the food merited it.

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Great little french restaurant on Hoxton square. Relaxed atmosphere with friendly and helpful staff made us feel bery welcome. The food was excellent, we had the rock oysters and terrine as sharing starters followed by the chateau briand which was perfectly cooked. A lovely bottle of red from Cahors was excellent too.
Would definitely recommend as a place for couples or groups of 4.