“Great location, tremendous service”

Hotel Indigo London-Paddington
Ranked #175 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Richmond, Indiana
“Great location, tremendous service”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I booked this for location and because reviews were good. I was not disappointed. Paddington Station is a block and a half away. My business took me to Wales and getting the train was a snap. For advice, Francesca at the front desk was especially helpful and delightful in making recommendations and suggestions to a first time visitor. The restaurant was a good place for breakfast and getting the day started. Room was cozy but stylish and very comfortable. As others have said, access to the Heathrow Express was perfect.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Linforth, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Dear Guest,
And we hope your third stay will be even better than both your other stays. We are proud to hear, things only get better and you still find our hotel and location perfect for your trips to London.
I was also pleased to read you enjoyed our food and breakfast.
Please do not hesitate contacting me to arrange your hopefully third visit soon.
Kind regards
Denise Skelton- General manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Sunderland/Rio
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Stayed two Friday/Saturday night. Booked the hotel at last minute but got an excellent rate by using a corporate loyalty card.
The hotel is 5 minutes walk from Paddington Underground/BR and is located on a smallish street off the main thoroughfare. 10 minutes walk from Hyde Park, surrounding area is multi-cultural, safe and with a decent (albeit not particularly trendy) buzz. 30 minutes walk will see you to the centre of Notting Hill if you fancy a differnt vibe.We stayed on the first floor at the rear of the hotel. All of the rooms at the rear of the first floor have a small terrace but as the courtyard is surrounded by other buildings these spaces are rather gloomy. Be aware that the rooms nearest the stairwell are next to the '24 hr cocktail terrace' which lead to a noise problem at 4am.
Has decent-sized gym if you fancy a bit of exercise.
Other contributers have commented on road noise on rooms fronting the street but unless you are a very light sleeper I can't see this becoming an issue.
The area around the hotel has a mixture of bars/restaurants with two pubs and Italian, Greek and Steakhouse restaurants on the same block.
Don't bother with the cooked breakfast - I sent mine back twice because the sausage was raw in the middle. Nearby cafes do a range of breakfasts/snacks and a full English for 1/2 the price.
Couldn't fault front desk staff . Friendly and engaging, they dealt with an wifi issue quickly and efficiently while a request for an ironing board had an almost immediate response.
Had a drink in the pleasant hotel bar. Surprised that despite having a cocktail menu I had to show the barman how to make a Bloody Mary! Also found it hard to find a pub in the area that could actually serve the real ales they sold properly.
Room itself was compact/ bijou/ small/ cosy (take your pick!) but perfectly adequate for 2 nts with a king bed. Great shower/bathroom space. Bed linen and furnishings immaculate.

Room Tip: Tell the desk staff what you'd like!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Chumbeiro
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review on Hotel Indigo Paddington and you found everything to your liking.
But please accept my apology for the breakfast not being cooked exactly as you requested. Paddington is a great area to stay in for both business and leisure travellers alike.
We do look forward to seeing you again soon.
Kind regards
Denise Skelton- General manager
Murrysville, PA USA
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I booked this hotel for two reasons. The first is that my wife and I had stayed at the Hotel Indigo by the Tower of London last summer and we had a wonderful stay. The second is that I had a late night arriving flight at Heathrow and had to leave mid-morning the next day from Paddington for Bristol. I usually stay at Heathrow and just take the express the next morning directly to Paddington, but this time I decided to try something different. I was glad I had.

The hotel is only a four-minute walk from Paddington. I had booked a room for a relatively low price for that area, so I wasn't sure what I was going to get. What I got was a basement room that was quite nice. Even though it was a basement room, I didn't feel like I was in the bowels of the building. I believe this was a room that was handicapped accessible because the bathroom was one big room with a separate shower area off to the side, and there were two alarm cords in the room. But the room was pleasant. The bed was nice and comfortable, the wired internet was fast, and it even came with a bathrobe and slippers (which I did not use).

My stay totalled maybe 10 hours, so my experience is not deep. But I certainly would consider this hotel again when I'm coming through London. Check-in and check-out were fast and friendly. The room was much more than adequate. And the location, at least if you're looking to take a train from Paddington, cannot be beaten. What else do you need?

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
DSkelton, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Thank you for your lovely review, it is great to hear feedback from guests who have experienced other Hotel Indigo's. I am only sorry to hear that it was such a short visit and hope that next time you will consider staying longer when visiting London. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Kind Regards
Oswestry
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I booked this hotel without knowing London at all and wanted an intimate hotel in a decent area as my husband and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary. I knew that we were going to enjoy the experience as soon as I contacted the hotel directly to ask for directions, a few days before our visit. The staff were lovely, so friendly and welcoming and this extended right through checking in to checking out.
On arrival we were greeting with a smile by Peter, who checked us in, early as it happens, as our executive King room was ready. We made our way to the second floor and as we opened the door a beautifully decorated room welcomed us. We kept finding facilities that one would normally not expect - an iron and ironing board to freshen our travel-weary clothes, an ipod docking station with an alarm, which was even compatible with my iphone, and a fridge containing soft drinks - all complimentary (which was advised to us on checking in also). A few minutes after we checked in, Peter arrived at our door with a complimentary bottle of red wine to congratulate us on our anniversay, having taken the trouble, at check-in, to find out our preference of white or red. Wandering into the bathroom we found a huge shower compartment with a rain-effect shower, a well known brand of complimentary toiletries and huge soft white bath sheets. Everything was so immaculately clean, it looked new! We joined the priority club which entitled us to unlimited broadband, TV,Radio etc and a late check out.
Breakfast was included in our room rate and did not disappoint. It was cooked to order and there was plenty of it, along with the option to have continental instead of, or along side if required.
We can't fault this hotel nor praise it or it's staff more highly and will definately return.

Room Tip: The nicest views face Norfolk Square.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SarahsmumOswestry
Wow!! What can I say but big thank you for your amazing review. I am so happy to hear that we were able to help in the celebration of your Wedding Anniversary too. I will make sure that you comments are passed on to all the staff especially Peter. Thank again and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Kind Regard
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Perfect location for a trip away to London!

I stayed here for 4 nights and it was a great week away. Stayed in the Kings Superior Room which was beautiful. Excellent, comfy bed and a lovely clean bathroom with all the facilities you need.
As a member of the Priority Club I was offered the Unlimited TV, Radio, Movies and Internet package (usually £14.95) for free every day I stayed which was definitely worth it as the films were very recent.

The staff were very polite and welcoming and made our stay that extra bit better.
I didn't get a chance to eat in the restaurant downstairs but from what I managed to get a glimpse of, the food looked delicious and was reasonably priced! The cocktail 2 for 1 offer is definitely worth having too.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kate S
Thank you for choosing to spend your Valentine's Celebrations with us. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Also that you were able to make use of our complimentary communication services offered to all our gold and platinum members during your stay. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Kind Regards