“Second time a charm”

Ranked #481 of 23,994 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$56 - US$98
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Greenwich
Description: Gaucho source the finest grass-fed beef in the world from Argentina, along with an offering of many other Argentine specialities which range from Latin American style ceviche to chorizo, Gulf de San Jorge lobster, Patagonian lamb and Argentine gambas to traditional empanadas and fine wine. We also offer the largest wine selection in the world outside of Argentina in our restaurants and guests can buy many of the wines from our wine boutique, Cavas de Gaucho on Swallow Street. With seasonally changing menus served across all of our restaurants, we also offer The Gaucho Lunch menu, either two or three courses, between Monday and Friday.
Reviewed 21 November 2017

I recently re-visited Gaucho on the 7th November, after having a slightly bad experience last year, and I have to say it has definitely improved.
The service was impeccable, the food was perfect, the Empanadas were perfect. The music wasn't loud this time, which meant you could talk and not shout, I am not sure if that was because I went on a weekday than on a Friday but none the less there was nothing to fault. A huge thank you to team at Gaucho for making our evening perfect. I can't wait to visit again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,105)

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

The 5 of us went to the o2 to see the tennis Masters final game and after the game we decided to eat together and chose gaucho which is by the exit and also since a friend has recommended the place
We have chosen the stake sharing option (1.2 kg) which includes 4 pieces of different cuts which were all delicious and perfectly made
We also ordered the fat fried potatoes, and mushrooms side dishes
We also ordered the risotto which I did not like at all
We had a bottle of wine and a few beers and ordered 2 deserts (got 2 more on the house)

We paid $240 including everyrhing

Overall this place is classy and worth the visit mainly for the great stakes

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

For meat lovers like me, this is a very good restaurant.
When we read the menu, we were worried by the weight of the meat proposed !
Minimum 300g of meat in The Beef menu.
Luckily we were proposed to share, which is what we did.
I had the Lomo, rare, with broccoli ; all very well cooked, including the side dish (no more spinach unfortunately).

As a dessert, we had winter fruits crumble and, tadaa: dulce de leche cheesecake , go for it!

The service was good and friendly (the waitress was trying a bit too much to be friendly).

The restaurant is quite noisy though, we found it somehow a bit annoying.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

We dined at Gaucho after the ATP Tennis Semi - Final. We booked for 3.45pm but didnt arrive until 4.10pm. This was not a problem. After waiting while people who hadn't booked were turned away, we were welcomed and promptly shown to the table on the 2nd floor.

Our waiter introduced himself and brought a selection of steaks to the table to show us (they were real not plastic as they would be in an American diner).

We selected our wine (Argentinian of course) and made our selections. My wife and I both had chicken livers followed by Chateaubriand. The taste of both was superb and the meat was exquisite.

We were 'stuffed' but found room for a sharing winter berry crumble followed by coffee.

It was a wonderful experience - the restaurant did get very noisy. The music was too loud and unnecessary with all the talk and laughter from diners. Yes, we'll go again - and again.

Thank you to the Gauchos team who made us feel special.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

Visited Gaucho for one of their movie premiers (Thor). Service was brilliant from the reception throughout the meal. I would only say that the time gap between serving starters and mains was a bit too short but the food was so great - we ate it all to the last bite with no complaints.

Thank you to the staff and compliments to the chef!

1  Thank Simona R