“Great breakfast”

Ole & Steen
Ranked #6 of 324 Bakeries in London
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Neighbourhood: St. James's
Description: The Danish Bakery breakfast to supper. Coffee, handmade breads, pastries, cakes, salads, sandwiches, stews, beers and wines. Eat in or take away.
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Lots of gorgeous choices at this smallish chain cafe. Great pastries as you’d expect from the Danes. Sitting out in the morning sun watching the people go by in the heart of the city was a treat which matched the food and coffee.

TeamOleandSteen, Team O&S at Ole & Steen, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Hi Phil,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're so glad you enjoyed your pastry and people-watching. Definitely pop back in again soon :)

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

The price is great and the quality amazing however the staff is what makes is the best. Emma in particular was so nice

Hi Glen,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Emma is so pleased she got a shout-out...she's definitely a super star :)

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I was looking for a place to eat close to the National Gallery and saw this one pop up on TripAdvisor as serving lovely pastries. I wasn’t quite prepared though for the fast paced serving style! When you get to the front door there is a ticket system that gives you a number. I was handed one by the waiting staff at the door who after seeing what must have been quite a quizzical look on my face explained with a smile how the system worked (I’m so grateful to this person as I might have otherwise walked off again in my confusion!). Basically the service here works on a number system, allowing you time to browse the aisles and things on offer before you make your order. As there were only two numbers in front of me mine was called before I’d managed to decide what I wanted, but the staff was lovely and kind and patiently waited till I’d chosen a sandwich and iced tea. They even offered to put some ice in my tea as it over 30 degrees outside! Definitely appreciated! I am currently outside on the terrace writing this review after having finished my avocado and king prawn sandwich (which was lovely) and am contemplating going back in for a pastry haha

TeamOleandSteen, Team O&S at Ole & Steen, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Hi Vanvelzen91,

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a detailed review! We're so glad to hear our friendly staff were helpful, patient, and willing to explain the ticketing system to you. We're thrilled you enjoyed your visit and can't wait to see you again soon :)

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Ordered a raspberry tart and a mint lemonade. The tart was by far the best I’ve ever had. I’m pretty sure the lemonade had an entire mint plant in it.
Worth the stop. I’m going to dream about that tart forever.

Hi NotoShrub,

Great choice with the raspberry tart! It's chewy, velvety and a perfect summer treat. We're happy to hear that it will be in your dreams forever :)

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 June 2018

We visited this Scandi bakery for a light late evening snack, however we ended up having plates full of deserts and a bag full of bread to take home because everything looks and tastes amazing. The cinnamon roll slice was out of this world I still thinking about it....
However, the ordering system was a little bit confusing, although server( blonde Danish looking guy with panda tattoo on his hand and) explained everything, recommended some pastries and convinced us to get a loaf of chia and carrot bread on our way out both loafs were amazing!

1  Thank Simon92J

Hi Simon,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We really appreciate your thoughts. We're so happy to hear that you had great customer service and enjoyed all the delicious pastries and bread we had on offer. The cinnamon social slice is mouthwatering...you made a great choice!

The ticket system helps when it gets busy, and it allows all our customers to browse our selection without worrying about losing a place in the queue.

Hope to see you again soon :)