“Great Levantine Food”

Ceru
Ranked #107 of 24,683 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$13 - US$39
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Description: Lively mezze restaurant serving dishes and drinks inspired by the flavours of the eastern Mediterranean coast also known as the Levant. Gluten free options, healthy yet indulgent , the food is created to share, to provide guests with an unforgettable experience. Open all day sevens days a week (including brunch at weekends from 11am until 5pm) alongside with All Day menu.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I visited the restaurant, because they are supporting the World Land Trust charity (and I am the CEO), by donating for jugs of tap water. So I might be considered biased. But I can assure readers that thisis still an unbiased review from someone who has just returned from Armenia. The food is superb, and a really good taste of the Levant.

2  Thank John B
CERU S, Owner at Ceru, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear John,

Many thanks for your complimentary review. Great to hear that you enjoyed your visit.
We are very proud supporting World Land Trust charity and continue supporting amazing work your are doing!
Our customers generous donations with optional £1 of Brita filtrated water will help protecting places of the world we simply cannot afford to lose.

We look forward to welcoming you again for delicious Levantine feast.
Best wishes
CERU team

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I took friends on a busy Friday evening. Our table was still occupied so there was a wait but the staff remained smiling while pacifying my guest, managing other hopeful arrivals and moving the lingerers. The owner brought the menus and made good suggestions. We had a selection of dishes, all delicious. Friends unusually and happily impressed and planning a revisit... Also to Ceru's new restaurant in Town.

2  Thank Alice P
CERU S, Manager at Ceru, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Alice,

Thank you for taking time and review us.
Glad to hear that your experience was a great one.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Best wishes

CERU team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Outstanding menu interesting and well balanced the food more than lives up to the descriptions wine is sold in carafes not bottles and generally expensive

2  Thank Sw105
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Ceru is stone’s throw from the Natural History Museum. The food was delicious with generous portion sizes. I wish I had photos to post but it didn’t last long enough! I’ll definitely try their new Soho restaurant and I’ll be back here too.

2  Thank OneBigPenguin

Hi, I'm a destination expert on TripAdvisor. Here is my review:

Family dinner on a Saturday evening. Nice food, and well seasoned (I'm considering swapping salt for lemons at home!).
Dips were tasty, and pita nice and warm. Prawns on skewer were delicious, and the squid very crispy. Lamb shoulder okay but a tiny portion for the £11 price tag (shoulder is a secondary and very affordable cut, after all). The cauliflower was delicious.
Impressed at the mental arithmetic of the waitress who calculated the price of a full bottle of wine (note the menu quotes prices for 500ml carafes). £25.50 is the cheapest bottle of wine.
Bustling atmosphere. Incredibly rushed turn around - very very very rushed. Is there a dessert menu? If so it was never offered nor glimpsed.
Overall it was a great meal, but expensive and it felt furtively rushed (not explicitly so, but tables were being turned faster than a spinning top!)