“Secret SE Steakhouse”
Review of Cabrera

Cabrera
Reserve with OpenTable
Cabrera is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,195 of 24,015 Restaurants in London
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is in a fairly quiet area of South East London, but packs plenty of punch for it's unassuming size and location. The decor is modern and elegant, without being pretentious or stuffy. The owner is very happy to chat, but equally prepared to stay discreet and leave you to it! The little touches go a really long way, like remembering us from the last time we ate, and offering the same prime seat again!
The food here is superb. Our first visit included the Sunday roast, with the beef cooked perfectly to my liking, and my partner's chicken succulent and tasting like it was straight off a spit roast - delicious! On second visit the steaks were just as perfectly cooked with a great range of cuts and sides.
The dessert of Churros were worth a try for something sweet afterwards too, if you can manage them!
Finally, the red wine matched the food perfectly and was bold and fruity.
Now I just need to go back and try the burgers next time. Let's hope I can still get the same table!

1  Thank Swifty1999

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

A must for all steak lovers. However if like my wife you are not the biggest meat lover they have a some fantastic vegetarian options. I had an incredible ribeye. My wife had the girolles, cows heart tomatoes and roasted aubergine. Great Malbec and churros to finish!

1  Thank Knowswhathelikes03
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Visited here on a Friday night as part of a fairly large group. The staff were friendly and attentive, clearly knew the menu and specials well. Food was of a consistently high standard from starters through to desserts. Would highly recommend & will definitely visit again!

1  Thank Holidays713
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Went to this fabulous restaurant today and everything was perfect from the food to the staff to the venue and management not only was the steak cooked to perfection as was all the sides too will definitely be back soon

1  Thank valerie o
Cabrera133, Owner at Cabrera, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We are looking forward to seeing you again.

J-L

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Visited Cabrera steak restaurant in Lee with my wife on a Saturday night having booked about a month or so in advance. It was already quite busy on arrival and it only got busier so I’m pleased we had booked.

Some delicious salted bread with a very tasty pevre salsa was brought out as a complimentary appetiser. My wife and I then ordered some anchovies for starter (“boquerones”) which came with some more of the delicious bread. The anchovies were fresh and tasty. For main we had 600g of chateaubriand (which was a special of the day and priced at £10/100g, cooked medium was so soft and came with more of the pevre salsa and chimichurri), a portion of triple cooked chips (note one is sufficient for two people as portions are huge and that is coming from a big eater), asparagus (cooked slightly al dente and delicious) and a crispy salad. For dessert my wife had the berry tiramisu (essentially some berries, cream and cake) and I had churros with dulche de leche (which were very tasty indeed). My wife had a glass of red wine and I had two bottled Estrella beers (draft beer not available).

Service was very attentive and friendly. Overall I thought the food was excellent. Not the best chateaubriad I have had but it’s up there. We spent just over £100 + tip. Amex not accepted. Given how good the food is and how convenient the restaurant is to get to for us, we will definitely return.

1  Thank DMSCAD