“Nothing amazing”

Pergola on the Roof
Ranked #1,683 of 1,875 Quick Bites in London
Reviewed 30 October 2020 via mobile

Booked to have food and drinks at Pergold Paddington with my family in a bubble. Due to COVID rules with London in tier two we thought we should try and sit outside even though we could sit inside. But on the day the weather was terrible so they allowed us to sit inside but on two different tables. We didn't argue but we were disappointed and confused. Then looking around at other tables who were clearly not social distancing and clearly from different households (so we assume in a bubble) we couldn't work out why we had to sit separately. After many lengthy, annoying chats with managers they allowed us to sit together. What really cheesed us off the most was they waited until we had spent (a lot of) money on food and drinks before splitting us up. Seemed like a scam.

The inside was nicely decorated with flowers (fake) so good for pictures and it was quite warm despite it being October. Toilets were clean and never full. We ordered a giant prosecco, pitcher of beer and food from the three vendors. I had a Katsu Curry which was really nice but did have a wee kick.

Outside was blustery and cold so we didn't stay long.

Overall wouldn't come back again until the COVID fiasco is over. And even then I'd be wary. But there are probably nicer places to go.

Date of visit: October 2020
2  Thank 425bethw
Write a reviewReviews (95)

Reviewed 3 October 2020 via mobile

The best bottomless in the city for sure. Endless drinks and the music is great. Also the whole place adheres to social distancing and there’s a great one way system in place.
ADDED to that, the waitress called Molly is an absolute delight of a human being and is great at customer service, AND is a great laugh.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 2 October 2020

My partner and I came here on a blustery evening (being set outdoors as you can imagine was very chilly!) The decor and style was really cute, but this was let down by the food and drinks.
It was extremely overpriced, and didn't really taste that great to be honest. I had a temaki from Temaki Bros, which had one tiny piece of salmon and avocado in, and then severely bulked out with rice. I also had a tuna sashimi bowl, which was pretty much the same, way too much rice!
My partner had a steak sandwich and some wings, from the Salt Shed, and he too was not impressed.
We came here with high hopes but unfortunately left feeling disappointed, still hungry and a very empty purse.
I would recommend this place for just drinks, but as for the food, I would avoid.

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 12 September 2020 via mobile

I went with friends and not only was it very loud (could barely hear anyone), I ordered a raspberry mojito which was £10 and it was ghastly. It was extremely syrup-y and barely drinkable, and so I went to get another one from the bar which they agreed to but it was almost just as bad. Moreover the passion fruit cocktail tasted like a Bloody Mary- it was very sour. Overall it was very over priced.

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 1 September 2020

Myself and my husband stumbled across this little gem this weekend and were super impressed. We hadn’t booked obviously but the lady at the front managed to get us a table for a quick bite to eat. We ordered food from Babek Brothers and were blown away, super yummy. Didn’t have to wait too long at the bar either. Great find and would definitely return!

Date of visit: August 2020