“Getting an overcrowded segment”
Review of Bombay Bustle

Bombay Bustle
Reserve with OpenTable
Bombay Bustle is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,546 of 24,667 Restaurants in London
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

London is becoming the capital of Indian cuisine, especially innovative. This trend of marrying Indian food with western presentation that was started by Cinnamon Club has now spawned so many restaurants like Cricket, Tally Joe, Darjeeling Express, Cinnamon Bazaar, Trishna, and more. Bombay Bustle, nothing wrong with the food, but the average rating is because there is nothing special for the higher prices. You are better off going to one of the others names in this review. So yes, been there, but no reason to return unlike the others.

Bombay B, Manager at Bombay Bustle, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear winenfud,

Thank you for taking the time to write, following your recent visit.

Firstly, on behalf of Bombay Bustle I am very sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations.
In your review, the list of restaurants you mention starting with the Cinnamon Club have a different offering and market position to Bombay Bustle.

Our menu sees re-creations of some of the city's most loved dishes alongside family recipes, inspired by Mumbai's diverse flavours, and home style cooking in a classic presentation.
Inspired by the tiffin tin carriers, the institution of men who use Mumbai's famed local railway to deliver home cooked meals across the city, Bombay Bustle pays homage to the culture and people, whose expanse of origins from across India have influenced its culinary history.

Nevertheless, I was most concerned to read your comments that you have no reason to return unlike the others.
May I enlighten you that we have a summer special menu which has started as of 1st July and will run till the end of August.

As a gesture of goodwill, please may invite you back to Bombay Bustle to try some of our new and exciting summer dishes which are only here for a limited period only.
Please email me at :

asad@bombaybustle.com

and I will look after your reservation personally.

We deeply value your custom with Bombay Bustle and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our customers deserve the very best.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Yours in service,

Asad Khan
Senior Restaurant Manager

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great food, nice relaxed atmosphere and good service. The food was delicious and fantastic vegetarian choices. Will be going again!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This recently opened Indian restaurant is top notch.
Food full of wonderful flavours, relaxed ambience, excellent service (thanks Remy). Not overpriced either. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Everything about this restaurant was top notch. Food, portions, ambiance, service, location…We were served by Remy who also contributed to our amazing evening. We both ordered set menu which included a glass of champagne and despite being a bit concerned about the portions we quickly discovered there was no need for a concern. Food was full of flavors and portions just right size. I even got small birthday cake together with our desserts. Very thoughtful touch. Prices are also reasonable for Mayfair area. They have good selection of wines and if I remember correctly prices start from £30 a bottle. Recommended.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was my first time at Bombay Bustle. Very good food and very good service. I was a guest so I did not really get to see the bill so cannot comment on value for money. I will definitely go again to check it out more leisurely.