“A Little Gem”

31 below
Ranked #8,440 of 24,829 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$19 - US$64
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Description: 31 below is a laid-back café which, come night, morphs into a buzzing basement bar with lively music. On the ground floor is a bright café with an indoor garden. A staircase leads downstairs to a naturally lit, exposed brick basement bar with a touch of the speakeasy. Here there's a mix of high drinking tables, booths and sofas.
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Fantastic cafe with a beautifully designed interior. Gentle and calm unlike the brash, hard edged cafes that line the streets nowadays, this one is a delight to be in. Great coffee and delicious apple cake. Staff extremely nice and immaculate surroundings. Definitely highly recommend.

Coppa C, Front Office Manager at 31 below, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Dear FerneysMum,

Thanks for your review! Your feedback is important to us! Looking forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed 14 June 2018

Firstly, this happened twice, not once. So I didn't just get them on a bad day. The place looks great when you walk in (pastries, and well furnished, coffee bar). But the place doesn't do food well at all. Asked for soft eggs over easy. Both times they were cooked solid (if you cant fry an egg, don't work in a restaurant.... Eggs 101). But most disappointing was the Avo on toast. It wasn't Avo. It was spreadable Guac from a sachet, like the cheap stuff you have for a dip. One knows fresh Avo from spreadable Guac. When we asked the waiter why the "Avo" was so bad, he said it was "100% fresh" and would tell the waiter. I gave him the Guac analogy, which he clicked with, backtracked and said "its 75% fresh". So disappointing.

Coppa C, Front Office Manager at 31 below, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear Biscuit_RSA,

Thank you for taking time to review us. Your feedback is important to us. We are terribly sorry to hear you did not have a good experience. If you wouldn’t mind, please send over your contact details to Giorgia.esposito@coppaclub.co.uk so that we can get in touch as soon as possible.

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

I used this venue to celebrate my 50th birthday from the first moment I reserved the area with Dana to my experience with Alex the waiter assigned to my group was wonderful. The service was great, everyone was very accommodating the food was good. My night was just perfect and I could not have picked a better spot. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

It’s not often I’m so disappointed with a meal. I have just come from Marylebone Hight Street where my daughter works. She suggested we meet for lunch at the new 31 Below. I had a good look at the menu, which sounded fab and we reserved a table.
First impressions were lovely and there is a nice relaxed atmosphere in this newly furnished restaurant.
Our order was taken by a charming young waiter, who unfortunately forgot what we had ordered and came back to ask us again. My daughters coffee arrived but no drink for me, I caught the eye of a waitress and she managed to get my coffee delivered. Our salads arrived. My salad was Roots and Seeds with parsnips, sweet potatoes, Jerusalem artichokes, toasted seeds.and I ordered some chicken as a side. I’ve rarely seen such a miserable salad, a few mixed leaves , the sweet potato and parsnips were pathetic andirons was only driving home just now, I realised there were no artichokes.
My daughter had a Garden salad with Halloumi and avocado on the side as an extra,almost as disappointing .
I was going to speak to someone in charge, but unfortunately we ran out of time.
I was so looking forward to my lunch, firstly with my daughter and secondly trying a new restaurant. It was such a waste of good money!
I could have stayed home for a better salad

Coppa C, General Manager at 31 below, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Hello Beverly,

Thank you for taking the time to review, all feedback is very much appreciated.
We are terribly sorry that you didn't have the best experience with us that day, and I would like to speak with you personally to find out more.
Please, if you don't mind, send over your contact details to marylebone@31below.co.uk so that we can get in touch.

Kind regards,

Dana

Reviewed 17 April 2018

What a delightful place.
And such friendly people too.
A breath of fresh air in trendy Marylebone.
The staff ALL couldn’t have been nicer; I had my small terrier with me, so originally sat outside.
They welcomed us both in and brought water for Maxie.
I had the tapas plate.
Everything was delicious and the coffee was so good, I had a second cup.
I’ll be back with friends soon.