“Too expensive.”

Ranked #959 of 24,672 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$30 - US$79
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Spitalfields
Description: The London Steakhouse Company is a traditional steakhouse in the heart of the Square Mile, serving a mouth-watering choice of steak cuts and a range of timeless English dishes. Its discreet entrance, just off bustling Bishopsgate, leads you into an archetypal steakhouse dining room, complete with a stylish cocktail bar. As well as the finest quality steaks, the menu features grilled and roast meats, fish mainboards and classic English puddings. The London Steakhouse Company is popular during the week with the City for client entertaining and boasts a private dining room that seats up to 30 guests. At the weekend, local residents and discerning steak lovers enjoy great food at this hip location just off Spitalfields.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

very little was included for the very expensive price. when the vegetables were separately charged from the main meal, £4.75 for a portion of vegetables, was I think taking a rise out of customers. My meal was stewed beef and a spoonful of mash potato, green veg was as previously stated. I have not won the lottery yet, until I do I shall not be visiting re-visiting said premises again. If I do win, I shall be more selective with how I spend my money. The staff and service were good to say the least, other than that , well I leave that to the individual to form their own judgment.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Write a ReviewReviews (10,912)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Bought a a present - 3 course meal with cocktail - only had choice of 3 cocktails - nothing comes with steak so have to purchase any side orders - £4.75 for small portion of fries!! - rump steak that came with meal-deal, although cooked to perfection, was tough to cut and chewy to eat. Overall not impressed!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great food, friendly staff. They made you feel welcome, happy to answer any questions.
Service with a smile.
Would recommend a visit, excellent food and choices.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Like most of the other diners around us, we attended courtesy of a voucher or gift package of some description. However our choices were made clear and there was a reasonable selection of meals to choose from. Many of the meat dishes carried supplements as did many of the side dishes. The service was efficient and attentive and we had a great time. It would be on the pricey side if you had a massive appetite or were paying your own way and whilst the food wasn't exceptional it was nonetheless very appetising.

Wow is all I can say

The whole experience was awesome, from the time we walked through the door and met the maître d until we left some 2 hours later feeling extremely contented.

The Beef Wellington that I had was the best I'd eaten for as long as I can remember, it was cooked to perfection and well worth falling out with the wife for not sharing. I also pride myself on knowing a good sticky toffee pudding when I taste one and the sticky toffee pudding I had at this establishment was up there with the best that I've tasted.

The service throughout was exemplary, our waiter was very well trained and was able to impart knowledge that was of great help to us in helping us what to choose from the menu.

All in All I'd have no problem recommending to anyone this restaurant.