“A Long Walk to George's!”

George's Portobello Fish Bar
Ranked #9,034 of 25,457 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 31 October 2016

During my first visit to George's, I felt as though I walked the entire length of Portobello Road. I passed several busy intersections and even a school before I reached this small restaurant. Thankfully, the food was good and there was no need to wait very long. During my second visit, I noticed that at a certain time of the day, a line of people can form outside the restaurant. (If there are many people, it's very difficult to get a table because there are only 2-3 tables outside.)

Another bonus is that this restaurant is almost right across the street from one of my favorite shops along Portobello Road!

Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

It is a fish shop - a very nice one, and in the 1st floor you find a small, exquisite, though simple restaurant. You can combine different fishes with different sauces and side-dishes, and if you like order some starters.

Very good and the spicing is fabulous - certainly worthwhile when you are in the area, and if you live fish then it is worth the trip through London.

Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

The staff in George's are extremely rude!! George's used to have a good reputation but I feel it's slowly losing it. Over priced food and over rated. Nobody likes arrogance. Don't bother.

3  Thank debbie_lynam
Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

We go here just about fortnightly - they know our order as we walk through the door. It's always good and when the fish is a bit on the small side or it takes a bit on the longer side to get the order together because it's busy they will take a bit off the bill.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

I meet there for lunch with friends often as it is conveniently located on Portobello Road but without the ridiculous tourist prices. The "special" is fish, chips, mushy peas or salad with a soft drink for £7,50 which is cheap for this area. Portions are fresh and huge, cooked by George and staff in front of you and everything tastes nice. Tables are available outside the door, good spot to people watch while having lunch

1  Thank Susanne W