“Tower of London”

Context London Tours
Ranked #67 of 805 Tours in London
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Context London organizes small-group walking tours of London led by scholars and experts in a variety of topics. Walks happen daily or can be arranged on request and cover such topics as art history, architectural history, cuisine, and the major sites of this city.
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Imogen was great. It was brutally cold but we are a hearty bunch and Imogen’s enthusiasm made it all worth it. Our kids (10 year old triplets) love a good story about “head choppin” and Imogen knew how to keep them going. The kids said afterwards we loved the tour but we really loved our guide.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"indiana jones"
"cheese shop"
in 4 reviews
"our guide was extremely knowledgeable"
in 3 reviews
"deep knowledge"
in 3 reviews
"favorite part"

Reviewed 2 March 2018

We did 2 Context tours in 1 day, it was me, my 9 year old, and our babysitter (who came with us on a work trip). I wanted to do something engaging for my daughter, so she wasn't bored but so we could still tour historic sites in London. We did the Tower and Kensington Palace, with Jess and Augusta, respectively. They were both wonderful! We learned so much -- it was a splurge but totally worth it and my daughter is still talking about Anne Boleyn and Henry VIII and Queen Victoria, The guides were both so great, totally knowledgeable and really made it relevant for a 9 year old. Would do it again in heartbeat!!

1  Thank Jules17381
Reviewed 19 February 2018

My boyfriend and I took six context tours of London. Each guide was superb. I highly recommend this company.

1  Thank Nancy882
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

We’ve used context in several other cities and the London branch lived up to our high expectations. We had Augusta for a full day private tour. She was excellent. She tailored the sites to our interests and stamina. She was flexible and she crammed slot in without sacrificing the knowledge she imparted. She is an excellent guide and extremely knowledgeable. We started at Westminster Abbey. I think she had enough expertise to spend a while day there but we only had a week vacation and wanted to cover that quadrant. We also used Context for a three hour tour of the Tower of London, which sounds like a lot of time but really only scratches the surface. We plan to use context when we travel to Paris later this year. It may seem pricey but you skip the lines, which itself to me is a huge selling point, and you get personal and expert attention and accurate information, which isn’t always try with other tours. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Discover735339
See more reviews
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Our cheerful guide Augusta responded instantly to a change we needed to make to our schedule by assessing our priorities and proposing an alternative tour that we loved. We set out from our Soho hotel on a charming and fascinating walk through historic streets on our way to the British Museum. She enthralled us with a history of the museum and vast knowledge of the Assyrian exhibit and Greek marbles, including a riveting discussion of ownership claims. She then took us on another scenic walk to an iconic British lunch at the Holborn Dining Room where she gave wonderful advice to my niece on unique things to see and do while on her semester at King’s College. We ended with Augusta whisking us by tube to the V&A, captivating us with a history of Knightsbridge and South Kensington and orienting us to the British Galleries. She was utterly delightful with a wealth of expertise and charm and made our day truly special.

1  Thank Global705407