Goldsmid House
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in London
See available hotels
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
Marne Hotel(London)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsvictoria stationroom facingfew minutes walkwifitube
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 September 2016

The location is great because it's a very short walk to Victoria Station for trains and Underground. The Victoria Underground Station is only few stops aways from most of the key tourist sites within London. I had previously stayed in the Paddington Station area and I found Victoria to be a better base. There are food places close by, including at the station, and Buckingham Palace is within walking distance. Another good thing about the location is that it's very close to the Victoria Coach Station, for bus transportation to and from the airport. The bus may seem like a long trip (50 minutes or so), but the trade-off is the combination of low price and convenience. With the bus, the price is one of the cheaper modes and your luggage is stowed underneath for you.

The best way to describe the single room is that it's a spartan dorm room. It is what it is. If you are the traveler that leaves your room in the morning and returns in the evening and just needs a room to sleep in and use the bathroom, the room is perfectly adequate. I found no cleanliness problems. Being there in August/September as I was, I suggest bringing a small fan. The bathroom is quite small, so a large person may feel uncomfortable in it. I was there for a week and so there was no scheduled house cleaning during my stay, and I was fine with not having anyone coming into my room. Because of someone else's review, I brought a lock for my luggage and a chain to secure it to the furniture but there was no indication of any possible security issue. The access into the building is secure.

I had no problem with using the free wi-fi and I experienced no noise problems. I was on the 5th floor facing the courtyard. The one negative is that apparently there is only one entrance/exit for two buildings and that may make people nervous about escaping during an emergency. To exit the building I was in, you had to descend to the 2nd level, exit to an outdoor "podium area", walk across and enter the other building and descend one floor to the street level exit and leave through an electronic gate.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 August 2016

I visit London quite regularly. Sometimes I want a bit of a treat and then I stay at the Royal Society of Medicine (of which I am a member), but if I want something cheap and cheerful during the summer this is my first choice. I have stayed here twice and have absolutely no grumbles. Excellent location, clean, a comfy bed and a good night's sleep. As a UCL graduate I also get a 10% discount. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the inner courtyard are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

Good room. Fantastic security!! There is a wardrobe desk and ensuite in the room. The bathroom is tiny but it's cheap accommodation so it's not too bad! A minutes walk from the Victoria tube and sainbsury is accross the road (huge store). Would stay again

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2016

Firstly, this is student accommodation let our during University vacations so don't expect 5 star accommodation and service.

But if you are looking to stay in London for a few days and simple want a clean and comfortable room in central London then you can do no better than choose this excellent value accommodation.

It a modern hall of residence which is less than 5 minutes walk from Victoria station. The rooms are basic but they are spotlessly clean, the bed comfortable and come en suite. The bathroom is cubical style very much like you get in the Ibis chain but somewhat smaller. Although the bathroom is a little cramped, it perfectly serviceable. All-in-all this is a good choice for the budget traveler who wants clean and safe accommodation at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2016

I've been staying in this location for almost two and a half weeks as part of my grad course. I would have said it was overall an okay experience, but I've confronted the manager about several items from my room that are missing. I used them on a Saturday, that same day my room was cleaned. On Sunday, I noticed several items were missing. Management said "sorry" and can't do anything... Just know your locked valuables are NOT safe!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo