All reviews bed dorm willesden green tube station privacy curtains big hostel jubilee line female dorm free continental breakfast hour reception key card wembley stadium central london couple of nights short stay small room beds zone
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Recently stayed in Palmers Lodge Hillspring! Never again! With study abroad students, I have stayed in the Swiss Cottage location with minimal problems. Hillspring is a different story. Arrived with fifteen students after paying up front . After the incredibly rude woman checked us in, we paid for towels. We asked for the towels and were told,
We won't have any until Monday!
This was Saturday. When I asked how they were going to solve the problem, the very rude woman told me
It's a hostel.
I purchased laundry detergent and brought it back to Palmers Lodge. Handed it to the rude person and she said
I don't do laundry!
So I washed other people's dirty towels late Saturday night so my students could have a towel.
Breakfast is abysmal, and wifi is spotty at best!
I sent an email requesting a conference with the manager.
I had to send the email because the extremely rude woman at the desk would not give me her name or contact the manager that night.
At this point , I still have not been contacted!
Save yourself some headaches and some money!
Don't use Palmers Lodge Hillspring.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank loveymesco
PalmersLodgeHostel, Guest Relations Manager at Palmers Lodge Hillspring, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Hello,
As we told you at the time, we are sorry we didn't have enough towels to provide your group we have a finite supply and sadly ran out. We do advise guests that they not provided, as a group leader you could have advised us that you needed them advance. We offered to refund you any costs or damages incurred if you had to purchase towels as an act of good faith, which didn't receive a response.
But after reviewing the CCTV looking at your behaviour and language used against our staff which was abhorrent and inexcusable, we can only defend our staff who hardly going to go out of their way after being subjected to such abuse.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Simple hostal. The first day i went there the receptionist was very friendly but when i went to my sharing room my bed was horribly dirty, that’s mean that they dont check the rooms every single day. Very dissappointing.
The breakfast is too poor.. bread and apple?? Always the same..
Maybe thats the reason why is so cheap!!!
Positive things, close to the tube and clean toilets.

Stayed: April 2017
PalmersLodgeHostel, Public Relations Manager at Palmers Lodge Hillspring, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

We're sorry to hear we did not fully satisfy your stay here.
We are all working hard to make our customers feel at home, we are sorry if on this occasion we fell short. Our cleaners work around the clock to keep the hostel clean, tidying rooms daily and bathrooms 5 times a day. However, we will pass this feedback on to our housekeepers. We're sorry you were disappointed with our breakfast. However, we try to do our best to offer a nice complimentary breakfast for our guests including croissants, toast, fruit, cereal and a mixture of hot and cold beverages.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here recently, shared room with lovely people. Young Germans mainly who were here for a few days visiting London. Towards the end ruined by brats, young 16 year old looking female kids from Germany/Turkey causing nuisance for people in the rooms. It's common according to others who come here regularly. Female sanitary towels all over the place, stinking the toilet. Room is safe and secure. Had a good time on the whole, only disappointment was these unruly kids shouting and talking loud in German and Turkish past people's rooms at night. Teachers struggled to keep them under control at times, was told that a staff member had to go up to speak to them about the noise.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank DarthPiccolo

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.
Unfortunately sometimes it can be very challenging for our staff to control the noise around the hostel. However, in order to prevent this situation from happening again, we are now going to keep an extra eye open. We really hope you enjoyed your time in London nonetheless.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

This hostel is hidden away on the far north side of the city, making it a peaceful place. It is family-friendly with good amenities and friendly staff. The beds are designed specifically for the rooms and are very well done.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
PalmersLodgeHostel, Public Relations Manager at Palmers Lodge Hillspring, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

We appreciate your kind feedback :)

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Palmers was a nice place. At first I though it might be too out of the way but in the end, that was what made it nice. It was good to get out of the hustle and bustle of London and yet it's only a few stops out. The wifi did not work great in the room but I just sat in the lobby to do my work. Overall and very good deal.

Room Tip: Private room is nice. I had to go down the hall for toilet but shower and sink were in the room. That's nice to have.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Thanks for your nice feedback :)