“Afternoon High Tea at the Corinthia Hotel is a Must!”

Corinthia Hotel London
Ranked #13 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 13 November 2011

When my husband and I arrived in London in mid-July, 2011, it was shortly after our 9-hour flight, and we were still suffering from the usual amount of jetlag. We thought to ourselves, "What better way to experience London briefly that first afternoon before going to bed early than to experience a delicious High Tea for our first meal?" We consulted my iphone to find the highest recommendations for High Tea in London. We discovered that the premier offering could be found at the Corinthia Hotel, near Trafalgar Square.

We loved the choices of High Tea, and the variety of delicious small sandwiches, scones, and pastry selections, not to mention the very polite and courteous service with which all these delicacies were provided to us.

High Tea at the Corinthia completely surpassed our expectations. The next time we are back in London, we will try to stay there overnight, as well. The appearance of the public areas of the hotel's first floor, where High Tea is served, are breath-takingly beautiful and the first floor bathrooms are absolutely stunning! I recommend this hotel without reservation!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
MathewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2012

Thank you very much for your review of High Tea at the Corinthia London. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit and taking tea in our Lobby Lounge under the beautiful Full Moon Baccarat chandelier is an experience not to be missed. Our delicious selections of sandwiches, scones and cakes have been designed by well-renowned pastry chef, Claire Clark. I know that the team will take great encouragement from hearing we are rated as a premier offering in London.

I do hope that when you next visit London you are able to return and to enjoy a stay so that you can experience all that the hotel has to offer.

Matthew Dixon

Write a ReviewReviews (2,659)

Reviewed 12 November 2011

I have to say I love this hotel; from the heated floor in the most amazing bathroom to the quality of staff. If I have to find a down side and this is at a stretch, the double bed was 2 singles joined and I could feel the join...it didn't affect my sleep (deep and long), but it was more an annoyance when awake and watching TV. Overall, one of the best hotels I think I have stayed in...and I've stayed in a few!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo

Thank you very much for your kind comments about the hotel and our team. The under floor heating in our bathrooms is one of those touches that we believe really sets them apart.
Within some of our bedrooms we do have King beds in a zip and link formation which can then be divided into two twin beds if required to meet our individual guest needs. However, when these beds are made up as one King size bed they should always have a mattress topper on them which should alleviate the issue that you mention. I am very sorry if this was not the case and I have asked that our Housekeeping team check this thoroughly to ensure that they are in place where required. On your next visit we would be delighted to ensure that you are allocated a King bed without this configuration and please do speak to our Reservations team about this when making a booking.

I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2011

The hotel furnishing were amazing. The bedroom was a very high standard, and in some ways too perfect. It almost felt like there was staff on call anytime. I have never seen a bathroom so luxurious, with a TV in the bathroom and water tight control.

I had afternoon tea and a friend just wanted tea at £6.5o. Tea is 95% water, so you are paying this amount for a tea bag! And the afternoon tea i would not take again,( the cakes were like plastic) its better going somewhere else.

The breakfast I've seen better at a lower star in the Tower Bridge area.

Overall great location, but its almost trying too much ( even the smiles) they need to relax, maybe they should book in themselves

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank kevinDarwen

I was pleased to read our comments about the hotel décor. A lot of planning and thought went into the design of our bedrooms and the bath tub TV is a great addition to our luxurious bathrooms. I was sorry to hear that you did not enjoy afternoon tea at the hotel as this is always very popular with our guests and I have certainly taken on board your comments about this and breakfast, which I have addressed with our Executive Chef. Thank you for your valuable feedback and I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 1 November 2011

Stayed here recently and it was truly wonderful. The hotel is lovely and exactly what you would expect of a 5 star establishment. The spa definitely deserves a special mention - totally amazing. What really impressed me though was it was my friends birthday and the staff went out of their way to ensure we all had a fantastic time. It seemed like wherever we turned up there was always a complimentary cake or glass of champagne waiting. Definitely above what was expected and very much appreciated by us all.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a terrace or balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank jwlon
MathewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2011

Thank you for your very generous review. The more feedback we get on the Spa the more I am really encouraged that we can put such great effort to conceive, build and service this fantastic facility. It is a Spa that is completely redefining Spa going for hotel guests. I am glad you enjoyed the birthday cake touches, I always want our team to recognise that birthdays should have happy memories.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

My experience at the Corinthia was one of the best hotel experiences I have had. Though the hotel had just opened, there were no glitches at all. The suite was fabulously appointed, the view from the room was of the London Eye. Our butler was AMAZING! He took care of everything from unpacking to arranging reservation and even gave us suggestions for other cities. I would stay here again in a heart beat..In fact I am sure I would be disappointed staying anywhere else.
Make sure to have drinks at the bar, the cocktails are lovely!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

I took great pleasure in reading your review of your recent stay in one of our suites. You must have been staying in one of our River suites. These are located overlooking one of the great bends in the River Thames and have an unparalleled view of the City of London, modern skyscrapers and historic towers. The view of the London Eye is also quite special. Martin and Lukasz are our ever attentive Butlers and they will take great pleasure in reading your excellent feedback. As we have now launched our seven Penthouses on your next stay you will have access, should you book this accommodation, to views of London never seen before. This new accommodation I am quite convinced is unrivalled in London.