“The most beautiful hotel in London”

Corinthia Hotel London
Ranked #13 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 20 January 2012

My friends and I visit London at least twice a year to shop and see a show. We have stayed in many five star hotels over the years but the Corinthia is, without doubt, the best and most stylish of them all. The location is perfect, the meeting and dining areas are stunning, the service throughout is professional and welcoming and the rooms are huge and beautifully designed ( I stayed in a room with a fabulous balcony). The Corinthia has a unique and inspired unrestricted check-in / check- out facility, which allowed us to relax and feel really at home in the hotel.We had an amazing value spa deal which included an hour's treatment and use of the most luxurious spa I have ever visited.My friends and I were so impressed with the Corinthia that we stayed in December, returned in January and will certainly vist again. Helen A.

Room Tip: Request a room with a balcony - you can see the beautful domed roof
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helen A
MathewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

Dear Helen, thank you for your generous review. I greatly enjoyed reading that you found Corinthia Hotel London to be “the best and most stylish of them all”. We certainly strive to make our guests feel welcome and at-home within our very luxurious four walls. Our flexible check in/check out policy is one of the ways that we achieve this, welcoming our guests to come and go at their leisure.

As you pointed out, our ESPA Life spa is a great asset to the hotel & has some fantastic treatment packages. Further, the spa’s beautiful thermal floor facilities are included in your stay and so are not to be missed.

I hope that you enjoyed your shopping & show – we are perfectly located for London’s theatres & main shopping areas, and our doormen are always ready to help with those shopping bags. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,657)

Reviewed 12 January 2012

This truly is a beautiful property. The designer(s), in my humble opinion, did a magnificent job. I haven't seen this type of attention to detail since I saw the lobby at the Four Seasons in Budapest. The styles are different, but the detail and quality of design work at the Corinthia is beyond impressive. Devotion to perfection is evident everywhere.

As for service, they don't miss a beat. Every staff member that I met was engaging and helpful. The dining experience in the restaurant was equally amazing. The wait staff couldn't have been more friendly, helpful or well mannered. The hotel's overall service is the best I've experienced in a long time.

I didn't have an opportunity to visit the spa, but my wife did and she said it was beyond amazing.

If you use public transport as I do, the hotel's location is close to the Embankment tube stop and, of course, cabs and buses are easily found in the area. I love this hotel. I ran across some minor wear and tear caused by guests, but it appears that the hotel is vigilant and staying on top of things in a pointed effort to maintain a beautiful property.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank david_k001
MathewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Thank you for such a wonderful review. I took great pleasure in reading that our hotel’s overall service is the best you have experienced in a long time.

The hotel’s designers have done a truly magnificent job & ‘devotion to perfection’ is most certainly a quality we strive to endorse in every aspect of our hotel. We certainly take pride in maintaining its beauty & have a very dedicated team focusing on this.
As you have mentioned, we are in a fantastic location where public transport is readily available and yet we are also a short walk away from many of London’s key landmarks & sights, such as Trafalgar Square, the London Eye, the Southbank, Westminster, Big Ben, Covent Garden and London’s many theatres.

We hope that you have the opportunity to experience the spa on your next visit & would highly recommend trying ESPA Life’s Signature Massage or a session with one of our Complimentary Alternative Medicine specialists, who offer Osteopathy, Naturopathy and Acupuncture. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Matthew Dixon

Reviewed 12 January 2012

Stayed 2 nights in January. Went to relax and do a small amount of sightseeing and it was perfect for that. Located in Whitehall - it is 2 minutes from Embankment Pier where you can catch the Tate to Tate river boat which is a great way to do that trip. The hotel is also near the tube (Embankment and Charing Cross are steps away if you need them). Taxis on demand as you would expect. Gorgeous room - I was in whatever the standard one is. It had a very comfortable bed, fabulous bathroom and tea and coffee facilities. The hotel is incredibly soundproof. Service was very pleasant and mostly very efficient. I did notice that the staff (including the concierge desk) were younger and possibly a little less experienced than you would expect in a hotel in this price bracket but I had no issues with the service in any case - all very friendly and eager to please. Foodwise I had room service one night and it was excellent - best I have ever had anywhere. Ate in Massimo for lunch and it was also very good. The other restaurant also looked good but didn't have a chance to try it. Afternoon tea in the lobby area (which is beautiful) looked fantastic although I didn't get to indulge. The spa is amazing and definitely worth a visit but I would skip the spa cafe - had breakfast there one morning and it really was ruinously expensive (perhaps to be expected) and very average (not expected). You might want to note that children are allowed in the spa for an hour in the morning and again in the afternoon - check with the spa reception for details. I would highly recommend this place for a relaxing break if you have the time to relax in the hotel and enjoy the facilities.

Room Tip: Suspect they are all lovely - I was facing an internal courtyard and it was very quiet but I doubt n...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Tigs1

Thank you for your review & for highlighting our very central location. We take great pride in providing beautifully luxurious and comfortable rooms with the finest bedding & facilities, including the Nespresso coffee machine you have mentioned.

Regarding our younger looking members of staff, we certainly have a very diverse team who each brings with them plentiful experience, training & a passion for providing prestigious service; I am glad to hear that you found them friendly and eager to please.

We hope that you will visit us again & have the opportunity to experience our other restaurant, The Northall, and our traditional British Afternoon High Tea. It is unfortunate that the spa lounge did not live up to your expectations – this feedback is highly appreciated as we continue to develop our menus.

The ESPA Life swimming pool is open to children between 10am – 11.30am and again from 3pm – 4.30pm. We hope to welcome you back soon for another relaxing break.

Reviewed 11 January 2012

I stayed here following the recommendation of someone who stayed at my guest house. I'd planned a 2 night trip to London, but changed that to one night at the Corinthia when I heard about the 24 hour checkin, deciding to "sacrifice" the 2 nights for an upgrade in hotel..... This it turns out was not a sacrifice...... I checked in at around 10 am, and checked out around 8pm the following day........my stay was truly exceptional.. From the moment I checked in, to the moment I left....... I had booked a winter warmer stay, which included dinner.... However I was disorganised and by the time I got round to trying to book a table for dinner, there was no availability, so they organised our dinner to be served in the room.... It was lovely, including wine etc..... The room was so comfortable...... And felt really luxurious... Especially watching tv in the bath! The spa floor, absolutely blew me away..... So relaxing .....
Breakfast had a great variety and was delicious... (included in the price) though I wouldn't have wanted to pay the prices if it hadn't been included... I recall approx £7 for boiled eggs and toast!
All staff were so helpful and genuinely interested in how our stay was, something I have never experienced in such a large establishment. I think it would be very difficult to ever stay anywhere else in London without now being disappointed, as I'm not sure the Corinthia can be beaten...

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank LolaOxford

I was so pleased to read that you not only had an exceptional stay here, but also that we surpassed your expectations. It is wonderful to see that our flexible check-in/check-out policy allowed you to relax for as long as possible. With the many benefits of the ‘Winter Warmer’ package & access to the incredible ESPA Life thermal floorincluded in every stay, a late check-out is a certainly a bonus.

Our restaurants are doing very well and have been rather busy so I am happy to hear that you were able to experience The Northall’s fine cuisine in the comfort of your room. We deliberately use many of the same suppliers for our room service menu, which is the same as The Northall; one of my favourites being Maldon Oysters in Essex who supply the restaurant’s wild rock oysters. We hope that you are able to experience The Northall’s ambiance on your next visit, or perhaps even taste our Afternoon High Tea.

I really appreciate that you found our team to be so helpful and genuine & that you believe Corinthia Hotel London cannot be beaten. This is fantastic to hear and we certainly aim to live up to this belief. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future. Many thanks for your kind review.

Matthew Dixon

Reviewed 11 January 2012

We stayed at the Corinthia at the end of a fun but tiring three week jaunt through different cities. During our trip, we stayed at some really lovely hotels, but the Corinthia blew us away. They've really thought of everything (in fact, an employee told me they built a model room and different managers spent time sleeping in it, so as to tweak the details).

Our room was very well-designed. Foyer, large walk-in closet, very roomy bath, and comfortable furniture. Nothing was awkward, nothing was disappointing, nothing was missing. On the wall by the desk, there is every kind of electric outlet--so handy.

Loved the fantastic Whitehall location.

We also had some spa treatments; they were excellent. Their spa feels somewhat futuristic--you descend down through four levels of treatment and equipment rooms--the bottom level is very clean but dimly lit, and echo-ey, with a stainless steel pool and large, fiery-looking sunken sauna. For massage, Sinead is an excellent, knowledgeable therapist with strong hands that know to go exactly where they are needed.

We had a very good dinner in Massimo one night--the next night ventured out to Ottolenghi, which I'd been trying to try. (Did not disappoint!) There is also another restaurant within the hotel, as well as a bar. And the large, chic lobby is always available with plenty of comfortable chairs and small tables for drinks and snacks.

A great bonus? They have a "rolling admissions" policy--there is no set check-in or check-out time. Our flight didn't leave Heathrow till 6:30pm and it was so lovely and civilized to have a leisurely last day, without worrying about killing time/storing bags.

Can hardly wait to return.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank epilogue

I was delighted to read how much you had enjoyed your stay at the Corinthia London. A lot of thought and planning went into the design of our bedrooms, the majority of which are in excess of 45 sqm and we believe provide the most spacious and comfortable accommodation in London.
A stay at the hotel is not complete without a visit to ESPA Life at Corinthia. The Spa is a very special feature of the hotel, situated over four floors and offers some wonderful treatments. It is always a great motivation for our team to get a mention by name and I am sure Sinead will be delighted to hear your feedback.
We have pioneered a 24 hour check in /check out policy which means that whatever time you arrive or depart the hotel, your room will be available. We understand that our guests have varied travel plans and this policy really does help with the logistics of travel. I am really pleased to hear that you appreciated this and were able to take advantage of it.
We hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.